Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo

Oil Pressure Gauge

Hey OzHonda,

I was thinking of adding an oil pressure gauge in my 98 Prelude. I was just wondering about the install process and whether or not I would need electrical or mechanical?

Thanks.
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Mechanical, shouldn't be too hard
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    elec vs mech is your choice, comes down to costs/installation costs
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Mechanical gauges can leak hot oil, not best idea if its in your interior like i'd imagine it would be, unless you're going for that muscle car look with the gauges on your bonnet hehe
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    You have to get a sandwich plate that goes on the stock oil cooler, if you have to get that oil cooler off be prepared to get a 30mm socket, and a lot of "fuk u kunt" and "YOU FUKIN ABO KUNT COME OFF"
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    HAHAHAHA renzo, classic.

Thanks guys. Still very undecided if I'll end up doing but we'll see what happens.

If it did do it I'd most likely go for electrical rather then mechanical.
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Make sure you use a line from the sandwich plate to the sender unit and mount the sender to chassis. If you attach directly to the motor, vibrations will kill it eventually. Mine lasted about 10000km before I relocated it
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    depends on budget lad, the only electric gauges id touch would b branded like defi and auto meter, ive had a cheapie defi knock off, started to go haywire after half a year, binned it an went with Blitz...

Mechanical is fine, not sure why ppl say it will leak, ive had mine for over 3 yrs, never leaked once, pays to have GENUINE branded gauges, and not those knock offs, regardless of mech or electric

Spend the extra for a quality gauge an u wont look back
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    depends on budget lad, the only electric gauges id touch would b branded like defi and auto meter, ive had a cheapie defi knock off, started to go haywire after half a year, binned it an went with Blitz...

Mechanical is fine, not sure why ppl say it will leak, ive had mine for over 3 yrs, never leaked once, pays to have GENUINE branded gauges, and not those knock offs, regardless of mech or electric

Spend the extra for a quality gauge an u wont look back
    I would only go for something genuine. Can't go knock off for something like this. If I do and up getting any gauges I would go for autometer with the black face

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    If you're only running a pressure gauge don't use a sandwich plate.

Run a remote line off the factory pressure switch location to a T piece mounted on the firewall, fit the aftermarket and OEM sensors to the T piece.

See LMA remote oil pressure kits, you can buy from demon tweeks in the UK.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    If you're only running a pressure gauge don't use a sandwich plate.

Run a remote line off the factory pressure switch location to a T piece mounted on the firewall, fit the aftermarket and OEM sensors to the T piece.

See LMA remote oil pressure kits, you can buy from demon tweeks in the UK.
    That was another option one of my mates brought up too. Thanks for the Info!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Can't plug in OBDII reader and get app for live oil psi feedback on ipad? :P
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum