Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    If somebody hits you then you should lodge ASAP. If he doesn't get back to you then AAMI will help get the car fixed and then proceed to chase him for the money.

How did the accident happen?

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    If somebody hits you then you should lodge ASAP. If he doesn't get back to you then AAMI will help get the car fixed and then proceed to chase him for the money.

How did the accident happen?
    I have called AAMI and booked my car for assessment and repair.

I was on the 3rd lane after coming out of a roundabout. The man was in the middle lane and all of a sudden he just came to my lane and sideswiped my car. My car was scratched and damaged on the left hand side of my car (from the top part of front tyre to the top part of back tyre)
    His old car didn't seem damaged (maybe very very minor damage). He apologised because he said he didn't see me.

He shouldn't be merging lane right after coming out of a roundabout without checking his blind spots :S

I asked AAMI would the person admitted it's his fault but later turn around to say it's my fault? AAMI said no because I was on the 3rd lane and he was in the middle lane when he hit me.....

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Word against word still, but fingers crossed it works out for you

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Hope all works out for you mate.

I've been in a colishen once, not a good feeling.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    98 Integra GSi
    Sorry to bump an old thread. But I just thought this info might be worth sharing.

If you're claiming through the at-fault party's insurance. Then you have 100% choice of repairer.

In order to do this, you need to get the name of the insurance company and the claim number; as well as the usual details. You can then pass this onto your chosen panel beater, and they will then liaise with the at-fault party's insurance.

Unfortunately if you go through AAMI, you don't get choice of repairer. Even if you're not at fault.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by vs2306 View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread. But I just thought this info might be worth sharing.

If you're claiming through the at-fault party's insurance. Then you have 100% choice of repairer.

In order to do this, you need to get the name of the insurance company and the claim number; as well as the usual details. You can then pass this onto your chosen panel beater, and they will then liaise with the at-fault party's insurance.

Unfortunately if you go through AAMI, you don't get choice of repairer. Even if you're not at fault.
    Is this condition pacific to "real insurance"?

What if the at fault party is with AAMI?

not so luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy anymore
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    98 Integra GSi
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post

What if the at fault party is with AAMI?

not so luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy anymore
    I'm pretty sure even if the at-fault party is with AAMI, you still have 100% choice of repairer. I've heard they can be a pain in the ass for panel beaters to deal with. But I've made a few inquiries with panel beaters, and if you're claiming from an at-fault party. They can liaise with them, and are usually happy to deal with them.

However if you're with AAMI, and are using your own policy to claim. Then unfortunately you don't get a choice. I know it may be ridiculous, especially when you're not at fault; but AAMI are tight and would rather chase up less money.

The Suncorp group of insurers have a reputation for making it difficult for panel beaters.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Lol fuk I'm with aami fml
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Uh, I have been a bingle earlier this year. The driver at fault was with AAMI and Im with NRMA.

I still took it my own panel beater. He dealt with everything from their paperwork to annoying phone calls.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Help me asap get out srs
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    98 Integra GSi
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Lol fuk I'm with aami fml
    Same. If I had a more worthwhile car like a Type R. I wouldn't be insuring it with them. Next car, I'm thinking RACV coz they offer choice of repairer, and gave me a reasonable quote.

AAMI do give a lifetime guarantee with the repairs. As do majority of the other insurers, provided you use their repairer.