Member Array
    Car:
    ek4

Mini-me swap for d16y4

Hey guys. So my hsc is almost over and im wanting to do a mini-me swap over my break. Thing is im not sure which head will fit my engine. The only one I've seen is the d16y8 head on the y4. Would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me what head can go on what block. Is it possible that any d16 head can go on any d16 block?
    team grade A

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Pretty much except the twin cam head from the crx. The d16y1 head loves it more uptop due to the intake manifold, whereas the d16y8 is targeted for usable down low torque style intake manifold.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    dont bother with a mini me swap its cheaper to buy a d16a8 or a d16y8 complete motor u can find some for like 200dollars now days. alot easier and less headaches imo.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EK1
    That's true, it would be easier to do a full engine swap but there is also benefits from doing the Mini-me swap with a y8 head especially. The compressino ratio when doing the mini-me is higher than in just a standard y8 giving you more power also as well as having a better idea of the condition of the enging if you buy a reconditioned head instead of having to purchase the whole enging and taking your chances on if its in good condition or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...wapped-with-y8 y8 and y1 same shit.. not gonna be much of a diffrence in power to your y4. spend that money on a intake like whale penis. that will probally give you a fake vtec cross over if thats what your after lol

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    thanks for the info guys. still undecided on what i wanna do. might jst save for a b-swap.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    g00d idea