Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Honda Civic Eg Repaint Costs?

Just wondering anyone one knew the costs of just repainting a honda civic eg red which its paint is faded.. Just a standard red, no effects, no gloss or whatever, and if anyone knows a location in around sydney, possibly around the liverpool, fairfield, parramatta, smilthfeild anywhere around there.. thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    hey bro,

check out my website, it will answer all your question.

welcome abourd!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

ohh yerh shouldve checked this website first, thanks man =D

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Hai dood. Reprint costs from 800$-3000$ for a full repaint. Depending if outside only or in and out. Also depends on the quality of paint used. I'd hook you up if you were in Melbourne but your not. Best of luck.

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Where to get paint from?
    Btw i asked about the cost before. it will cost 1200 $ + for outside paint

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post
    Where to get paint from?
    Btw i asked about the cost before. it will cost 1200 $ + for outside paint
    You get what you pay for. A 1200$ paint job is not going to look anywhere near a 4000$ paint job.

I'm painting my car tommorrow. Lol paint cost 800$ alone.

~King Of Spam~

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    2pack chau?
    you use half mask respirator or full face with positive air pressure?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    How badly is it faded? It might be able to be polished if its not too far gone.
    Post some good pics here first as a respray could be more than the cars value

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Quote Originally Posted by chauster View Post
    You get what you pay for. A 1200$ paint job is not going to look anywhere near a 4000$ paint job.
    I'm painting my car tommorrow. Lol paint cost 800$ alone.
    Where did u buy paint from, And how much paint is needed for outside only. I am painting same color not diferent color
    Last edited by hmetro24; 08-11-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Paint Cost - 2L base, 1L clear, 1L hardener, 1L primer, 2L thinner - $250 max (2pack)
    Equipment - Compressor with hose/gun, Respirator, Drop sheets - $200 max
    Labour - DIY (weekend?)

For an eg I wouldn't pay more than $800 for an outside job only, because like someone mentioned, the paint job will out-value the car. In my opinion, it's not worth it unless you DIY or know someone who can do it for you cheap. And, a COST of a paint job doesn't always REFLECT its quality, but all to their own. Oh and if you do plan to DIY, use 2-pack paints (check local laws before attempting at home) and take your time to prep it properly, it will bring the shine you long for.

Peace.

Wink

thanks guys for the prices and tips, really appreciate it..

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by zhong View Post
    Paint Cost - 2L base, 1L clear, 1L hardener, 1L primer, 2L thinner - $250 max (2pack)
    Equipment - Compressor with hose/gun, Respirator, Drop sheets - $200 max
    Labour - DIY (weekend?)

For an eg I wouldn't pay more than $800 for an outside job only, because like someone mentioned, the paint job will out-value the car. In my opinion, it's not worth it unless you DIY or know someone who can do it for you cheap. And, a COST of a paint job doesn't always REFLECT its quality, but all to their own. Oh and if you do plan to DIY, use 2-pack paints (check local laws before attempting at home) and take your time to prep it properly, it will bring the shine you long for.

Peace.
    have you ever DIY painting a whole car? ill pay you $800 to paint my eg.
    you said cost doesnt always reflect quality, lets see how good you can paint for $800.
    the amount of sanding & buffing is ridiculous. a weekend? crock of shit.

sanding a whole car and 'leveling' it with guide coat before primer takes million years esp. if it's a 1 man job.
    not to mention urethane and acrylic don't match, give you plenty of orange peel.

you need to consider weather if its windy or not if spraying in garage.
    dust will blow through crevices in your garage.

have you got adequate compressor? 35ltr tank compressor only last 0:30-1min of full spray when using a gun that takes 10cfm +
    only 1-2hp compressor? brb 10mins to fill tank. then comes duty cycle of compressor.
    then you gotta consider the pressure, too much pressure the paint gonna dry before it lands on panel giving you dry sandy texture.
    lower the pressure? not enough airflow, blotchy paint.
    orange peel? fish eyes? runs? gotta sand it all back.

and if you plan to DIY, do not use 2pack paint unless you have full mask with positive air pressure to mask (thousands of dollars).
    isocyanate is thought to be carcinogenic and no half mask respirator can filter this particle.
    isocyanate can also be absorbed through skin contact.

is your health worth it? not my place to say.
    i like to work for peanuts.

cost of paint job ALWAYS reflect paint quality.
    Last edited by mocchi; 08-11-2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: cost of paint job ALWAYS reflect paint quality.
    S P A M | W O R K S