Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    This is horrible. Not only is the unit a dud but the cost of tune is also down the drain

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaz View Post
    I like this comment, one friend sells another a copy.
    dont know what you're trying to say leo.. lol

but person A and B are both my friends. Person A brought in 10+ ECU's as a group buy from USA. Person B bought one of the ECU's from Person A.. in the mean time, person B had sold multiple ECU's as well to numerous people.

these sales were made approx 2months prior to hondata releasing the new software

Person B found out his ECU was fake, contacted person A, and now person A is forking out the money to pay for a replacement.

Person A was not out to intentionally rip his friends off, but now is forking out shitloads of money to pay for all the dodgy ECU's he brought in.
    Last edited by zco; 24-11-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyluu View Post
    This is horrible. Not only is the unit a dud but the cost of tune is also down the drain
    If you're in a similar situation, you can ask your tuner to provide you with the map so you can upload the calibration to another ECU.

A lot of people have been done by this and the sellers were not intentionally selling counterfeit kpro's as genuine kpros to rake in money. No one had ever heard of counterfeit kpros up until I was in contact with Hondata.
    I purchased 2 Kpros through two different sellers and one of them was able to provide me with a refund. Whereas the other seller ( the one that Peachy's was sourced from ) still hasn't rectified this matter.

Member Array
    Car:
    STi
    Problem seems to be pretty wide spread unfortunately...

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by zco View Post
    dont know what you're trying to say leo.. lol

but person A and B are both my friends. Person A brought in 10+ ECU's as a group buy from USA. Person B bought one of the ECU's from Person A.. in the mean time, person B had sold multiple ECU's as well to numerous people.

these sales were made approx 2months prior to hondata releasing the new software

Person B found out his ECU was fake, contacted person A, and now person A is forking out the money to pay for a replacement.

Person A was not out to intentionally rip his friends off, but now is forking out shitloads of money to pay for all the dodgy ECU's he brought in.

this is why group buys can be a bad idea

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Interesting. I'd try contacting the seller and sorting out with them. Else contact the department of fair trading or take legal action as required. Publicly naming and shaming won't solve the problem and you risk legal action through defamation if your claims are unjustified.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by wynode View Post
    Interesting. I'd try contacting the seller and sorting out with them. Else contact the department of fair trading or take legal action as required. Publicly naming and shaming won't solve the problem and you risk legal action through defamation if your claims are unjustified.
    What you have to realise is that somewhere in the chain, someone either got a very good deal on a bulk buy of these fakes or the fakes were slipped in with genuine items. I'd say the wholesaler or retailer decided to switch suppliers on hearing of this great deal, and being motivated by profit (what business isn't?) decided to go with the deal. Now the wholesaler passes some "special discounts" onto the retailer (who doesn't know the units are fake, but sees extra profit in the deal), and then unknowingly sells them to Joe Public.

When Joe realises the units are fake everyone goes to ground, citing no knowledge of the fake units.

This is the perfect sting, right there. The pirates make their money and everyone else is left to fight amongst themselves, pointing the finger, and generally getting nowhere.

Sad fact of life, but in this day and age, you should expect that the old adage "If it's too good to be true, well, it is!"

Hope you guys sort something out but I wouldn't count on it.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

^ That's exactly right.

The retailers had no idea they were sourcing fakes in. No one had ever heard of counterfeit kpros. That is the reason why I don't think posting up the retailers name would help, as they were under the impression that they were sourcing genuine kpro's. Although I do believe, as a retailer, they should be working something out with their customers. There are always some losses when you're running a business, but at the end of the day, your customer will be happy and deal with you in future.

So the best thing would be to give everyone the heads up about these counterfeits on the market and educate everyone on how to spot a counterfeit.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Peachy, what's the update?
    I can only think of this one Hondata distributor in Melbourne.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EF-orever
    So what was the price difference between the fake and legit? Surely this alone would have been an indicator?

Member Array
    Car:
    STi
    Quote Originally Posted by HwyStar View Post
    So what was the price difference between the fake and legit? Surely this alone would have been an indicator?
    I paid $1350 for my counterfeit as opposed to $1700'ish for the real deal, so yes a considerable amount...

I purchased a few KPRO's. 1 counterfeit for $1300, 1 counterfeit for $1100 and 1 genuine for $1350. So I wasn't skeptical at all.