Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    injen intake
    tri-y header
    high flow metal cat
    2.5" exhaust with resonanter and muffler
    hondata s300+ tune

thats like $3.5-4k worth of shit right there (cheaper if you buy used, instal yourself ect) including labour and tuning, expect around 125-130kw atw

and if you wanna be a deadly kunt you can:

3" exhaust
    skunk2 intake mani port matched for bigger tb
    70mm tb

thats like another $1.2-1.5k, expect 135-140kw atw

car would still be slow though because its a heavy ass prelude lol

my conclusion: leave it stock lmao

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    What lags the prelude is the gay ass gearbox in it, drops out of vtec sometimes.
    Makes the car feel soooo slow. I had a bb4 with jun cams, higher comp, aftermarket comp pushing out like 145kw.
    I would go for a final drive upgrade to at least something decent vs the 4.2fd

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    That's pretty far off my current budget lol. I don't know much about these .. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=65039441637 what's your opinion ?
    My Vtec used to go BWAAAAAAHHHH! Then I bought a supra...

Check out my huge prelude wrecking thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...elude-JDM-H22A

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    What lags the prelude is the gay ass gearbox in it, drops out of vtec sometimes.
    Makes the car feel soooo slow. I had a bb4 with jun cams, higher comp, aftermarket comp pushing out like 145kw.
    Yea I know exactly what your talking about. It's avoidable though and usually drops from the chirp after changing gears quickly

Check out my huge prelude wrecking thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...elude-JDM-H22A

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    My mate put a 4.68 fd in his h series gb, car runs alot better, though its not really a cheap mod for what you get back.
    i'd hate to see the quality of the shit in that link.

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    the worst thing is when peple post up stories that they've heard or have read somewhere.

I like the posts where people post up personal experience or where they have done a lot of research on the area.
    When I talk about cars dieing from hydrolock, it's pretty much personal experience.
    Although not my cars of corse.

I drive an RACQ tow truck. 1 of only 2 specially designed for high performance cars.

Whenever we get big rains, I can almost be assured of getting a hydrolock or 2.

And all types of cars. Everything from new HSVs with poorly designed CAIs. To the boy racer mob with AG pipe home made CAIs hangin put the front.

My point there is, just cause you bought it from a shop. Don't assume it's safe... LOL
    When words fail, Vtec speaks....!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePacman View Post
    it's pretty much personal experience.
    I was not having a go at you my friend. Just merely a statement so others don't post up shit.

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    Here's a pic of the apollo kit .. http://instagr.am/p/f42zx/

So what do you think of the eBay full exhaust system for only $200 ? Will it do the same job as an expensive one?

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    I was not having a go at you my friend. Just merely a statement so others don't post up shit.
    Meh.... Wasn't too sure which way to take it....

Not the type to take offence anyhow.... Just thought i'd clarify...

(I gotta admit though, I LOVE my job....!!)

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    If your tune is right< and all works well enough that you can bring your crossover down effectivly.... Gear changes without dropping out of Vtec is possable....

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePacman View Post
    If your tune is right< and all works well enough that you can bring your crossover down effectivly.... Gear changes without dropping out of Vtec is possable....
    id rather look into dc2r box swap, now that would make the car a weapon !

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    Will a lightened flywheel reduce the chance of dropping out of Vtec during gear changes?