Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: 93' H22A Build

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    Say whatever you want about the speakers, there loud, clear and I like em.

I installed my k&n Apollo kit this morning, ran it from the air filter box straight to the bottom where it's just visible from outside. Cold air made a bigger difference than I thought.. Any negative opinions on that? Go hard

For all you haters, the HIDs will be in soon.
    My Vtec used to go BWAAAAAAHHHH! Then I bought a supra...

Check out my huge prelude wrecking thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...elude-JDM-H22A

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Your going to love reading through this a couple years from now

Good luck with the HID's
    part time potato

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-H22 View Post

Any negative opinions on that? Go hard
    inb4suckinawholeheapofwaterandthenhydrolock.

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    inb4suckinawholeheapofwaterandthenhydrolock.
    Kinda with Bludger on this one. (Shock horror, but he kinda has a point)

If your having your filter outside the engine bay, i'd recoment leaving it just through the hole for the resinator.
    If you remove the air intake resonator, and put the air filter where it was, but keep it as high as possible.
    Its amazing how many Hondas die of hydrolock. The intake just has to get covered with water for a fraction of a second to suck in a fatal amount of water.

Sure, your driving habits may make it perfectly safe, my intake is kinda low also. But my car is only driven WHEN I WANT TO.

So, if this position suits you, and your driving habits. Go for it son.
    But if this is a daily driver, consider getting the intake a little higher.... It'll still work higher. Maybe even a tad better with a shorter intake...??!!

Just a few things to consider...

A H22 requires an air intake of around 40 litres a second. @ 5000 RPM
    And needs less than 5 teaspoons of fluid among that 40 litres per second of air to totally destroy a motor FOREVER. (no hope of a rebuild)

But, as I said befor. If these facts work in ok with your driving habits. Feel free dude.
    Last edited by ThePacman; 08-01-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    When words fail, Vtec speaks....!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePacman View Post
    Kinda with Bludger on this one. (Shock horror, but he kinda has a point)

If your having your filter outside the engine bay, i'd recoment leaving it just through the hole for the resinator.
    If you remove the air intake resonator, and put the air filter where it was, but keep it as high as possible.
    Its amazing how many Hondas die of hydrolock. The intake just has to get covered with water for a fraction of a second to suck in a fatal amount of water.

Sure, your driving habits may make it perfectly safe, my intake is kinda low also. But my car is only driven WHEN I WANT TO.

So, if this position suits you, and your driving habits. Go for it son.
    But if this is a daily driver, consider getting the intake a little higher.... It'll still work higher. Maybe even a tad better with a shorter intake...??!!

Just a few things to consider...

A H22 requires an air intake of around 40 litres a second.
    And needs less than 5 teaspoons of fluid among that 40 litres per second of air to totally destroy a motor FOREVER. (no hope of a rebuild)

But, as I said befor. If these facts work in ok with your driving habits. Feel free dude.
    the worst thing is when peple post up stories that they've heard or have read somewhere.

I like the posts where people post up personal experience or where they have done a lot of research on the area.

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    the worst thing is when peple post up stories that they've heard or have read somewhere.

I like the posts where people post up personal experience or where they have done a lot of research on the area.
    My old DC4 had a DIY CAI and sat very low in the front bar. car was 9cm to the ground and on my first engine (after 2 -3 weeks of getting it and my red p's in newcastle) i had no way to avoid a massive puddle (more like a pond) and water went up and over my bonnet 9big splash). the car ran rough for about 2 weeks (just getting the car i didnt know much about it) and finally the bottom end bearing gave up. that was an expensive fix.
    my BB6 is lower with the pod filter (injen cai) actually sits fairly high to try to avoid that mistake.
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by YLD-H22 View Post
    Say whatever you want about the speakers, there loud, clear and I like em.

I installed my k&n Apollo kit this morning, ran it from the air filter box straight to the bottom where it's just visible from outside. Cold air made a bigger difference than I thought.. Any negative opinions on that? Go hard

For all you haters, the HIDs will be in soon.
    What i find is that theairbox is sort of drawing air from that low area anyway, so if you remove the foglight cover it should be drawing cold air anyway.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    What i find is that theairbox is sort of drawing air from that low area anyway, so if you remove the foglight cover it should be drawing cold air anyway.
    but the airbox also retricts the air with the valve in it
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    *sry i menat after u rip out the resonator
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    *sry i menat after u rip out the resonator
    Ahh yep
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    My filter is in its original spot, I just ran a pipe (Apollo kit) from the bumper to the filter so it sucks in only cold air. It's possible for water to run up there but only little drops that would hopefully not make it through the whole pipe

Check out my huge prelude wrecking thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...elude-JDM-H22A

Member Array
    Car:
    98' EK
    If anyone knows of someone selling headers and exhaust suited for the h22a could you let me know I want to start looking at prices. Also, any suggestions on what air/pod filter I should get? I currently have the stock air box.