Removing oil sump on 92 Civic Si (D16A8)

Hi, has anyone removed the oil sump on a D16A8? I am trying to remove the oil sump (oil pan) on a 1992 Civic Si with a D16A8 engine to replace the sump gasket. I have removed the section of the exhuast that allows access to the pan. But the left axle is still in the way of the oil pan bolts. Does the the axle have to come out? Thanks.

I never had to remove the axle but this was on a B16A2. I don't see how it would be any different though plus both these engines have intermediate shafts.

Where about is the axle blocking the bolts?

Try using a 1/4" extension if you're tight for space. And there are a couple brackets plus flywheel cover you have to remove aswell

Should have to also remove the flywheel cover. But not the driveshaft !

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    OP, did you only remove the lower part of the headers?
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Dont ever recall removing LH drive shaft or the mid shaft to do a sump gasket on the D16A8

Thanks for all the replies. I have removed the section of the exhaust which joins with the lower with the rest of the exhaust and the lower part of the headers. I did not see a flywheel cover that covers the oil pan bolts as with the B16a. I will take another look at it and keep you posted. Thanks.