Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AE86

Race rally import S2000

G'day,

I’m all very new to Hondas and was throwing around the idea of building a S2000 for my next competition car. Because it doesn’t need to have normal road rego I was thinking of importing one from Japan.

Roughly what are these selling for in Japan and does anyone know the included costs to have one imported over under the race rally scheme? Can anyone recommend a decent importer i could have a chat too? I’m located in Adelaide if that helps.

Mike

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AE86
    Thats awesome but Im after a stock car preferably. I dont plan on using this car for circuit racing either

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AE86

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    To import any car from Japan you first need to check that it is elgible. If it is and you want to import under "Race" use you have to prove that you intend to use it for race only and to do this you have to show a race licence (CAMS) and proof of racing experience over a number of years. You also have to sign a Stat Dec.

Then you need to hire a broler (fee: about $1000 upfront) to look for a suitable car. You're up for all deregistration costs, cleaning, getting the car to the docks, shipping, freight fees, import duties, quarantine fees, and delivery to you from the docks (as the car is not registered).

A broker can tell you the likelihood of finding a car and the costs involved.

Have a look at Japan Partner

http://www.japan-partner.com/

There's one on there for $32,000US

or local guys like

Iron Chef in SA

http://www.ironchefimports.com/site/

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'