94 Accord immobiliiser problem

A faulty alternator drained my battery...I can't jump it now as the immobilizer is
    on...hazards flashing with little red light by drivers door. It seems to have cut off
    fuel pump...got the car as a gift with only the ignition key no little remote switch.
    Any ideas how I can immobilize the "immobilizer"....Many thanks,,

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    it is an aftermarket immobiliser.

you have to remove it and then rejoin the wires from the immobilser that kill the ignition or fuel pump.

thanks for that.....still can't work out wiring, have no power in battery so I don't know which is which....Joined the NRMA last night so I'm meeting
    them out there this morning. Not stopped raining last two days here on the Central Coast and the cars started sinking into my mate's neighbors
    lawn...!!

Car:
    twin GX160's
    good luck with it.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    i think best thing to do is buy/get a new battery.

then, as what ECU-MAN has mentioned above, if aftermarket alarm, then removed old alarm and rejoin the fuel/starter wires back together.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Thanks for that...still no joy, towed car to auto mechanics. He fitted new alternator ( I supplied) and took out immobilizer. Picked up car $160 invoice and alternator warning light came on again first trip on way to work....Took it back to him yesterday and he just called and said he can't find anything wrong and to ignore light..?
    The warning light only comes on when I'm going down a hill....? I throw it into neutral and switch it off and on and its resets ok til the next down hill incline...??But
    it did flatten the battery last week when my girlfriend drove it....(see beginning of thread)...Whats loose..? Why's it happening only when the nose is pointing down..?
    Any ideas much appreciated..got me (and the auto electrician beat).....!!

Car:
    twin GX160's
    could be worn brushes in the altenator

just because you put another unit in, doesnt mean its a good one.

Thanks ECU-MAN....was thinking that..another mate (backyard mechanic) said that. Whats with though it only cutting out downhill...The replacement alternator was
    from reputable Honda wrecker...bought parts before and always OK, didn't think those guys sell gear without checking it..?? Should never got rid of my 91 Accord for this one, REALLY regret it now ten times better built car...!! Many thanks again...

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Sounds like you have a charging problem.

If you have replaced the alternator and still drained your new battery, then the alternator (replacement) could be faulty too.

Have you checked the ALT fuse? could it be blown?

any wires grounding?

possibly a loose alternator harness plug too... - clean it up as they are caused to have dirt and shit in them and if the terminal pins are shit then it could play up.

Have you got the correct Alternator replacement? all alternators are different in their Voltage Regulator charging AMPS/Current output. so if you have the incorrect one or its faulty, then you have a drained or burnt out battery.

A part of the charging system that controls how much electricity the alternator puts out. The voltage regulator on modern cars is an electronic black box, which means you can't adjust it or repair it if anything goes wrong with it. (your in the black hole)

On most newer vehicles the voltage regulator is located inside the alternator and cannot be replaced separately. On some cars, the powertrain control module (PCM) regulates the alternator. A defective regulator can cause the alternator to produce too much voltage (which can damage the battery, lights and electronic components) or it can prevent it from making enough voltage to keep the battery fully charged. The toughest challenge when diagnosing a charging problem is to figure out whether it's the voltage regulator or alternator that's at fault. Using a procedure called "full fielding the alternator" that causes the alternator to put out maximum current will reveal which component is at fault.

its weird that it only happens downhill - which telling us that the problem occurs when elevated. hmm ..

check the Volatage Regulator - first identify where it is. :P
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Car:
    twin GX160's
    have you tried replacing the battery ?

Thanks IV73CI, ECU-MAN ....Going out now to have a look....Forgot to tell u guys that just before this started shorting out my nephew fitted a new stereo for me wiring the power..+ direct to top of battery terminal...and there was lots of spare loose wires behind dash form last owner..(mates son at Uni who had abandoned it after putting hole in transmission sump,i fixed that with $30 coldweld patch no probs)...I'll have a butchers at it now and report back, thanks again lads...battery got full charge ..and auto mech said regulator OK..??

Car:
    twin GX160's
    if you still have problems try another battery, donest matter that if has full charge, if it has a bad cell, it will make the altenator lamp come on.