Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by anzai View Post
    btw os, honda dealer only stock 52385-sr3-000 apparently
    go to k20a.org and pm bodyman/cjm/rbsjnh, they work at autofair honda.
    good blokes.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

As Ive already received a complaint about my opinions

Can I requote myself - and say that IMO , OEM bushes (for majority of hondas owners here) are far superior to all other brands. This is due to superior comfort , longevity and quality of product.

If you drive race car. Go elsewhere.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    I can see by that design you displayed , that it has come some way - the slight arch grooves would obviously prevent some of the distortion etc. Good to see they (poly bush designers/sellers) are trying to keep it in the market.
    Much better than the ES soild lug I used some time ago.
    Can i ask , do these designs you state use some form of lubrication internally (on the lug) or sit dry with grooves etc ?
    That's why we use Super Pro, they actually develop their product rather than flat out deny there is anything wrong with it...lol

The kit is provided with a lubricant developed by super pro to repel water (stops the lube being flushed away when wet) and the internal surface of the bush has a helix design moulded into it so that the lubricant isn't pushed straight out when the post is installed but at the same time there is still material contacting the post to hold it in place.
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    While you are Plugging this design - I have to disagree and state this design is no good.
    Under loads or sudden hits ( potholes etc) these bushes actually go dynamic ( ie pull out of spec). They WILL slide on that rod and allso only give to axis movement where retained bushes like OEM give total movement. When this design tries to move in a certain axis it can't it simply slides along the rod which can alter toe. Dangerous.
    I had the same design on my last civic and I had to align quite frequently.
    I agree with most of your statements in this thread but you must realise that the toe arm is what is going to limit the movement in the side to side motion of the front of the trailing arm (left to right of the car when looking at it from the rear). The trailing arm bush is not designed to resist this motion, nor should it as it will bugger up the intended toe control of the toe arm with suspension bump and droop. Spherical bushings for this location have the pin completely free to slide, as it should be, and no-one complains about spooky rear toe with those designs.

Also OEM is good and when ordered from the US is practically the cheapest, or close enough. I got a pair of bushes and the tools to press them in and out for less than $190 and the tools made up more of the cost than the bushes.

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    I agree with most of your statements in this thread but you must realise that the toe arm is what is going to limit the movement in the side to side motion of the front of the trailing arm (left to right of the car when looking at it from the rear). The trailing arm bush is not designed to resist this motion, nor should it as it will bugger up the intended toe control of the toe arm with suspension bump and droop. Spherical bushings for this location have the pin completely free to slide, as it should be, and no-one complains about spooky rear toe with those designs.

Also OEM is good and when ordered from the US is practically the cheapest, or close enough. I got a pair of bushes and the tools to press them in and out for less than $190 and the tools made up more of the cost than the bushes.
    Is that the tool where you can leave the whole trailing arm assembly on the car and use the tool to press the RTA bush in and out?.. Also I'm guessing you won't need wheel allignment afterwards too.

Was thinking of purchasing this.. Is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post

Cheers for that input , let me add that the rear would slide and either lock alittle either side of its original position , or actually have travel when the OEM design would not budge.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by egb16b View Post
    Is that the tool where you can leave the whole trailing arm assembly on the car and use the tool to press the RTA bush in and out?.. Also I'm guessing you won't need wheel allignment afterwards too.

An alignment would still be a good idea since the previous set-up would've been done with failed or deteriorating rubber, so you don't know where its going to be once replaced with good units
    OHSC

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Hmm. Harder isnt proven to be better. I would think maybe the material is denser but will absorb more force and will deteriote.
    Put it this way - hardrace is copy parts , not grossly engineered / designed like MUGEN or J's RACING oem replacements. Only time will tell if these hardrace bushes last.

I worry that yet again , you lot are falling for this "hardrace y0 150% harder = BETTER". Rofl. That , and its alot cheaper than OEM parts.
    Ben,

You should've known better to be posting defamatory statement without knowing better. I have personally walked into HR factory and all the rubber density/mixture are specially formulated in house.

We are merely providing an alternative harden rubber type bushes for the budget conscious consumers without paying double or triple the price of Mugen or OEM with half the longevity.

I do not personally have anything against anyone who voice their opinions but you saying "hardrace is copy parts" "will deteriote" without first hand experience is just pure ignorance.

Yes, we stand by our products 100% and will defend any uneducated remarks.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by egb16b View Post

No the tools I got were really just two bits of pipe the right size to aid pressing the bush out of the RTA. One the same outer diameter as the bush, the other roughly the same inner diameter as the outer diameter of the bush. Oddly though the larger one wasn't the right size, so I just used a bit of pipe.

Cheers for that input , let me add that the rear would slide and either lock alittle either side of its original position , or actually have travel when the OEM design would not budge.
    Yeah I thought that was what you meant, but it wasn't clear in your post. It was binding on the pin.

Quote Originally Posted by EG5 View Post
    Ben,

You should've known better to be posting defamatory statement without knowing better. I have personally walked into HR factory and all the rubber density/mixture are specially formulated in house.

We are merely providing an alternative harden rubber type bushes for the budget conscious consumers without paying double or triple the price of Mugen or OEM with half the longevity.

I do not personally have anything against anyone who voice their opinions but you saying "hardrace is copy parts" "will deteriote" without first hand experience is just pure ignorance.

Yes, we stand by our products 100% and will defend any uneducated remarks.
    I would reserve judgement until someone has run 10+ years and 200,000km on a set of Hardrace RTA bushes. Honda got it wrong the first time, I wonder if Hardrace got it perfectly correct. I doubt it.

Member Array
    so i called ringwood honda and they got:

52385-SR3-003 (not sr3-000) for $78 each

52385-S21-003 for $106 each

mind is full of fk

i thought s21 was supposed to be cheaper??

and is the sr3-003 the same part?
    Last edited by anzai; 01-03-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    naturally i finished my set.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    so i called ringwood honda and they got:

52385-SR3-003 (not sr3-000) for $78 each

52385-S21-003 for $106 each

mind is full of fk

i thought s21 was supposed to be cheaper??
    Prices vary a lot around the planet. LINK

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    oem is actually cheaper if he was to buy from US.
    yeh ur right lolol

where do you guys buy parts from the US?

ive been trying to get something from oemacuraparts.com and they dont seem to want my business

i was looking at ebay but there not that much cheaper too
    go to k20a.org and pm bodyman/cjm/rbnsjh, they work at autofair honda.
    good blokes.
    btw os, honda dealer only stock 52385-sr3-000 apparently
    good blokes.
    good blokes.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre