Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RSB for CU2

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux

RSB for CU2

Hi all,

I just took a delivery of MY12 CU2 luxury and I'm very impressed with the amount of car you can get for the money.
    One tiny thing that I feel lacking since I'm moving up from civic FD with lower suspension plus cusco FSB and RSB is the car doesn't feel as planted when it goes around bend.

I was looking online last night and I can only found a 22mm Progress rear sway bar that will suit Acura TSX 2 which is a CU2.
    is there any other company that makes RSB for CU2?

The cusco that I had on my FD was 23mm rear and 28mm front so I was quite surprised that the Progress RSB is smaller for bigger and heavier car.

I was also thinking on getting lowering spring kit but since the CU2 is a longer car compared to my FD and the fact that I have managed to scrape the front bumper coming out from office driveway, I will hold it until I find a new job which has a flat car park.. Haha..

I notice there are a few lowering spring kits available for CU2, has anyone had any experience with them? Progress, eibach, tein H and S tech were some of the kits that I've seen online. I fitted my FD with Tein S-Tech and it suit my driving style really well and the in laws didn't complaint about the ride quality (They are big Toyota fan which in my opinion have the super soft suspension settings).

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by pitiek; 03-01-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    Cusco RSB setup and Tein S-Tech for sale
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...okies-Civic-FD

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    my friend lowered his cu2 with pedders adjustable coilovers. he says its handles really well.
    where will u be buying lowering kit from?

and as for a RSB. i dont kno anything about it soz.
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Have you checked Throwndown/Excellerate Performance?

http://throwdownperformance.com/inde...=219_1_2_4_225

I want to get one myself but... I'm really noob with sway bars etc :S

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Progress is one of the better bars since its got 2 settings iirc (soft and hard)

Ps... They are the only company I know that maks RSB for cu2 actually...
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Is there a difference between a 'progress sway bar', a 'rear sway bar' and an 'anti roll bar' or something?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by euRo_noob View Post
    Is there a difference between a 'progress sway bar', a 'rear sway bar' and an 'anti roll bar' or something?
    Progress is a brand lol
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    Thanks for the replies..
    I'll do some more research on the progreas RSB and I'll contact Whiteline to see if they can make a custom one for CU2..

I mighy be looking at buying Tein H-Tech as I don't want to get my CU2 too low.
    Cosport USA has a few springs and progress RSB.
    Let me know if anyone is interested so I can arrange a group buy.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Keep an eye on the sprig rate.

I recently traveled from Brisbane to Melbourne in my cl9, with about 50kg of stuff in the boot and... Gee if I had the car lowered it'd be a hell of a scary drive :-)

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by pitiek View Post
    Thanks for the replies..
    I'll do some more research on the progreas RSB and I'll contact Whiteline to see if they can make a custom one for CU2..
    I prefer Progress over Whiteline in terms of their product quality.

Quote Originally Posted by pitiek View Post
    I mighy be looking at buying Tein H-Tech as I don't want to get my CU2 too low.
    Cosport USA has a few springs and progress RSB.
    Let me know if anyone is interested so I can arrange a group buy.
    Group buys are not allowed to be organised on Ozhonda. Any group buys should be done in private and Ozhonda is not responsible for the loss of money or failed delivery of goods. Ozhonda is also not able to release personal information of any members should any issues occur.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Keep an eye on the sprig rate.

I recently traveled from Brisbane to Melbourne in my cl9, with about 50kg of stuff in the boot and... Gee if I had the car lowered it'd be a hell of a scary drive :-)
    I totally agree mate, I do quite a few long distance trips & there is no way I would want the car lowered. The ride is firm enough with 18's without altering spring/shock rates, or fitting a firmer rear sway bar.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    A thicker rsb won't change anything to do with suspension such as height spring rates etc.

The best suspension mod you can do if you want a stock ride is a rsb imo.

As for whitline comparing to progress it may be better quality but all in all its a bit of steel so it came be that different. Bushings on the other hand. I changed them straight away.

I would be interested in a RBS. And thanks, didn't know 'Progress' was a brand lol. I only knew about Whiteline.

If anything, PM me since we're not allowed to discuss things here. Depends on the pricing too :S