Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    Have a chat to the boys at BYP as they supplied the engine for you and will be able to advise you accordingly
    already did ...but there is nothing more they can do ...as it was working fine in the previous car donor.

only suggested solution was to go full sized as my current ebay twin core alloy rad could probably not handle the heat (maybe shit fin cores etc).

*sign*
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    If the previous car was running a full size, I would say to upgrade, or even just see if you can borrow one off someone you know that has one kicking around and see what the difference is
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

headgasket....

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    If the previous car was running a full size, I would say to upgrade, or even just see if you can borrow one off someone you know that has one kicking around and see what the difference is
    yeh tru ..ive spend shit loads already on the most easiest fix.

now the big mulla comes down to a full sized radiator.

prob is i dont know of any1 who can lend me a full sized rad or even a half size rad KOYO or similar (better quality than the one i have) and test trial it.

*sigh again*

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by seihoa View Post
    headgasket....
    reckon?

no signs of overheating nor blubbles or smoke from the zorst.

prev car donor had no issues with o/heating in the dc2.....and they even had a leaking radiator too .. lol (topped up fluid all the time)

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    If you want to make sure it's not a headgasket, get the car to operating temp, take out all the spark plugs & stick a screwdriver in each cylinder one at a time and after you have removed it, see if there is any condensation on the screwdriver. If you get condensation on the screwdriver after a particular cylinder, that is the cylinder where the headgasket is not sealing correctly. If nothing shows, try cranking the engine over with no plugs in and see if any coolant shoots up and out.

Otherwise carry out a TK head check on the cooling system to see if you are getting any combustion gases into the cooling system
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    If you want to make sure it's not a headgasket, get the car to operating temp, take out all the spark plugs & stick a screwdriver in each cylinder one at a time and after you have removed it, see if there is any condensation on the screwdriver. If you get condensation on the screwdriver after a particular cylinder, that is the cylinder where the headgasket is not sealing correctly. If nothing shows, try cranking the engine over with no plugs in and see if any coolant shoots up and out.

Otherwise carry out a TK head check on the cooling system to see if you are getting any combustion gases into the cooling system
    man ..i think ill get the BYP boyz to this this or similar checks, i dont want to fcuk the engine up which would result to being my fault.

wats a TK head check?

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    http://www.warrenandbrown.com.au/Inc...DF/54_TK01.pdf

try a full size raditator first i reakon

pretty much with the tk head tester you get the thing and you pour the dy in it, start car and remove the radiator cap, run and put the tester over where the cap should be, hold down firm and if it changes colour you have a problem could be pouress head or block ect
    Last edited by jdm18c; 24-01-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: wrong

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2 teg
    I had the same problem in my teg . Turned out to be a commen sense fix the reservoirs tube that sucks the coolant out wasnt there. I had to figure it out my self. Might wana double check if its there

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTea18 View Post
    I had the same problem in my teg . Turned out to be a commen sense fix the reservoirs tube that sucks the coolant out wasnt there. I had to figure it out my self. Might wana double check if its there
    Yeh the tube is there and its not punctured..

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    hey bud, like i told you, i suggest its the radiator, upgrade to a branded halfsize with 3cores

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    hey bud, like i told you, i suggest its the radiator, upgrade to a branded halfsize with 3cores
    just trying to figure out whether i should go half or full sized..