Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK

need help b18c2 swap please

hey guys , i need some help , ive searched around alot about the b18c2 swap in a ek but alot of it comes from honda tech , and they use different terms so its a bit confusing ..
    i have recently purchased a 1995 dc2 b18c2 halfcut , i currently have a 1999 ek1 cxi ,
    i am aware i need a few extra mounts such as
    - an ek4 rear engine bracket
    - an ek 4 side engine bracket
    - im aware i have to wire up vtec
    - im aware the exhaust is too short needs to get welded

can anyone help me with what else do i need to purchase / do to complete the swap that might be a bit tricky.

and i have a feeling the b18c2 motor i have is obd1 and the ek is obd2 , could anyone spare me some time with some help with how i can work with this?

any help is appreciated as its my first time doing a (honda) swap so dont be too harsh. cheers.

You will need to buy a p72 obd2a ecu ( plug and play) on your Ek4 harness ( i have 1 avaliable here)
    You need to wire up IAB for your b18c2 engine

Passenger side engine mount bracket on the B18C block is 3 post/bolt style, whereas EK uses 2 post - buy EK4/EM1 bracket or aftermarket

You need a rear T-bracket from an EK4/EM1 aswell (connects gearbox to rear engine mount on subframe)

Re-use the EK D-series upper gearbox bracket. Re-use all the D-series engine mounts

What year is your B18C? You can check if it's OBD1 by the ECU plugs - http://www.ej9.ru/civic/wiring/plugin.jpg

As above, you need an EK B-series engine loom as they run a 1 piece loom into the interior/ecu. DC2 B18C engine loom unplugs at the shock towers.

If you're keeping AC you'll also run into some problems there.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK
    the b18c2 built date is 1995 , not gonna keep ac , dont worry about it.

so theres no way i can just use the b18c wiring loom and the ecu??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK
    i have a d16y4 motor out of a 1999 honda cxi ek1 , it seems to be obd1 but its 1999 and built date 98 , does this make sense?

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    what makes you think its obd1?? it should be obd2.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK
    my bad it is an obd2 , was looking at wrong plug , so i think bein a 95 dc2 its a obd1 , this is gonnna be troublesome any ideas how to run it?

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    did the swap come with obd1 ecu?? Or you can use obd2a b18c2 ecu so it'll plug in to your loom.

I have a 18c2 obd2a ecu.. i'll swap you if you have an obd1 18c2 ecu.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK
    yeah , i have the obd1 ecu also , like i said its the entire front cut , nothing missing.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK
    Yes mate mine is obd1 b18c2 I'll swap you pm me address and I'll Pm u mine of ire cool with it

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    pm replied.

also for rego purposes.. i think engine has to be same or newer than the chassis. it is in VIC anyway.. can anybody else confirm for NSW?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EK
    seems to be ok on here. oh well doing it anyways lol.
    http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registrati...s_nov_2007.pdf