Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    I have herd that its a good idea to get some braided lines, cusco brake stopper. Currently using standard bendix pads with rda slotted.
    Braided lines are shite

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by ericl33 View Post
    Braided lines are shite
    Yes and no.

For a track car they are good. For a street car, just replace the old lines with new ones.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    On my other car (xr6t) i run Braided lines - takes pedal feel from spongey to firm and progressive, do highly recommend for any car that you give a hard time to - street or track.

I'm currently running Ferodo Performance DS and have been very impressed - a bit dusty but they hold themselves well and don't squeal reasonably priced for a good overall pad. Should tick most of the boxes except the no dust deal, but you'll get that with any true performance pad.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    so do the RDA slotted last for its worth? by using a decent pads (nothing too heavy) ??
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Its one of those "how long is a piece of string" things really, drive it hard with brakes only they will wear quicker, drive it easy and use engine braking they will last longer - But for what you pay i think they are a good disc, nothing more, nothing less.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    koolz ..

yeh i think ill install it first and see how it goes... lol..

got so much shit to do ... hahah

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    Yes and no.

For a track car they are good. For a street car, just replace the old lines with new ones.
    yeah, fair enough.

they don't last the rigors of everyday use.

no longevity

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ericl33 View Post
    yeah, fair enough.

they don't last the rigors of everyday use.

no longevity
    The problem is cost, for the price of refitting the rubber lines with new rubber hoses might be MORE than getting a set of new SS braided from the states, and you dont have to worry about using old fittings with new hoses
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    The problem is cost, for the price of refitting the rubber lines with new rubber hoses might be MORE than getting a set of new SS braided from the states, and you dont have to worry about using old fittings with new hoses
    umm, ok.

From my experience, SS braided hoses work a treat, it's just that their longevity is a joke. SS braid wrapped by a plastic like outer.
    This plastic outer layer hardens, brittle's & then cracks after 2 or 3 years. It leaks brake fluid all over the place.
    Not just a one off, but has happened to 3 different brake lines I have used over the years.
    So after 2 or 3 years, you're back to square one.
    Don't know if really expensive name branded ones are any better.

You were talking about cost?

I was more concerned about safety.
    Last edited by ericl33; 17-01-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Lolque? This is why you buy new ones off the shelf. Complete. Or get a brake place to make new ones up with new fittings.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    You get what you pay for - mine have been on the car for 5 years now, no probs - PBR lines that came in their upgrade kit.

Like anything, you pay sweet f/a for it and it will undoubtedly be crap!

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    Lolque? This is why you buy new ones off the shelf. Complete. Or get a brake place to make new ones up with new fittings.
    yeh i got my clutch line just recently made up at a well known brake/clutch place due to a leaking oem bottom joint.

it wasnt off the shelf but was made on the spot using SS braided line using high pressured (above ADR) hoses.

feels great on the clutch feel now, and might get my brake lines done too. (eventually) lol.