Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2

CU2 One to one exchange, any experience?

Hi all, I think I had enough. Do you think I can request the dealer to exchange a new CU2 for my current 1 month old CU2 that is plagued with issues?
    I bought it brand new from them last December.

These are my current problems.
    1. Car doors are not flushed with body when closed.
    2. Engine pinging most of the time.
    3. Interior fittings rattle on rough road.

I am even toying with a one to one exchange with a current demonstrator if they have one and if possible. Do you think its a good idea?

Anybody has had experience where they actually had an exchange or replacement vehicle with the dealer? Interesting to know...

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    If your vehicle is REALLY faulty,with MAJOR faults,get Honda involved,and demand,in a nice way,a brand new replacement.

I am sure,before long,they will have all your issues sorted out

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    yeah if u call honda australia, be assertive in a very nice way (from experience =.=). they tend to side with dealers side obviously but u never know! its quite stupid how the doors arent flush.
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

I doubt you will get a change with those minor annoyances... you shouldnt have pick the car if the door is not flushed, ask them to fix it or you will not take the car.

For pinging, what fuel you put in? try vpower or some RON98 stuffs.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Hey Jay2,
    my first bet would be to speak to the salesman who sold you the car. If not then take it upto Honda Australia. So far in my two dealings with them they've been nice but saying that it was only for minor documentation issue and not a physical car issue. But I think the issue should be solved within dealership if they really believe in after sales service.

Regarding the pinging noise try a different servo first.

With rattling of interiors, can you locate where they are coming from. I mean it could be something left in glove box or in one of the many storage areas Honda provide.

I bought my CU2 luxury in December too. but hey Just out of curiosity who was your dealer??
    Last edited by vasu; 10-01-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Thanks all for the advise.

I wrote a formal email to the sales and servicing manager last nite and the servicing manager replied this morning.
    He said that he will personally get involved in overseeing the repair. And that he will go with me in my Euro for a test drive to pin point the rattling.

I think I managed to identify the rattle and it's coming from the headliner/near the sunglass compartment (nope, there wasn't any sunnies in it). When I retract the compartment down while driving, the rattle reduces greatly as compared to when it was up and closed.

The service manager said that we will talk to Honda Technical with regards to the engine pinging.

I was running on RON 95 when I got the initially and is now on my first tank of RON 98 (BP Ultimate). However, pinging still exists. Service consultant said I need to run a few tank of RON 98, no mixture of 95 and 98, for the ping to go away....

Hopefully they can resolve my warped door issue.

Seeing them 1st thing in the morning tomorrow to sort things out. Wish me luck.

Vasu, I bought my Euro from Burswood Honda in Perth.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by jay2 View Post

I think I managed to identify the rattle and it's coming from the headliner/near the sunglass compartment (nope, there wasn't any sunnies in it). When I retract the compartment down while driving, the rattle reduces greatly as compared to when it was up and closed.
    It could be that compartment isn't screwed in tightly/a screw missing etc. I had the EXACT same symptoms as you describe with that sunglass compartment, however mine occured after i had insurance hail damage repair on the car (they remove liner to gain access to roof panel) , so that part probably doesn't help.

I took it back to the repairers and it was literally a 5 min fix. I remember I could actually pull down on parts of the compartment and it/surrounding liner would sink down a bit.. now it is in much tighter.
    Last edited by Rudy; 11-01-2012 at 03:12 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    An update for all.

Car door fixed (kind of). It wasn't 100% but guess I cannot ask for more.
    Service manager said if I am not satisfied, the next step would be for panel beater to really reshape the door and it's contour which I don't really want.
    He can also order new doors from Honda Japan but it will never be the same again and the paintwork and trim will not match with the current car. Apparently the doors came unpainted and the panel shop do the spray painting!! is that true?

As for sunglass compartment rattle, guess I will leave it. Mechanic said he can change the whole compartment for me but might not make a difference.
    His rationale is all cars/parts rattle to a certain extent given the right harmonics during drive. Morever, these compartments are plastic with spring and hinges, they are more susceptible to rattle.
    Since this rattle only occurs only on rough tarmac.... guess I will just leave it alone. You never know what other resulting rattle will occur after the change! Hmm...that's so true..

As for pinging, I've given the details in my other pinging related post.

???????????