Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic Sedan

Door (upper) molding removal/replacement

Found a poor old retired 88 Civic in our local wreckers with upper door moldings in excellent condition. Removed them as per original Honda service manual instructions but typically they didn't come off as described i.e. broke some of the plastic locators especially those on either side of the doors. Now before I attempt at replacing ours which are very oxidised to the extent that the base is showing through, are there any hints/tips/tools as to going about this or is it suck and see ????
    Last edited by EDCivic; 18-01-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic Sedan
    Done and dusted !. Thank God for these wrecking yards that allow you to rummage through their yards and "practice" removing parts. I have since secured many clips and have finally replaced the old deteriorated door trims....

Old trim removed

Old left, newish (23yrs old) right

Ahhh much better !
    Last edited by EDCivic; 22-03-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    Nice work!!

I need to do this for my eg.. But sif find a good one at the wreckers..you got lucky!

Will have to buy new oem.

Anything I should look out for when doing it?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic Sedan
    Assuming your mouldings utilise similar clips, the only thing I'd suggest is to have some spares on hand just in case the moulding didn't locate correclty and you need to take it off again. My plastic clips were over 20 yrs old and a tad brittle. The other thing to be careful with is to avoid scratching the paint to the metal if you use a screw driver to remove the clips that stay behind when you remove the old mouldings ie a nice place for rust to grow thta you won't see until it's to late.
    Good luck.