Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS

installing front lip

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a genuine Honda OEM lip kit (front, back sides) for my BB6. I had them sprayed and now im trying to put them on. I got the sides on with no problems. the back with no problems and know i am unsure where to mount the front lip. I no there is a screw in the wheel arch but is there anywhere else u need? or double sided tape in the middle? If anyone could help or had diagrams that would help heaps

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    There's a bunch of brackets which bolt it to the underside.
    http://www.brokenlogic.net/preludefuspoiler.pdf

Hey, I'm looking at getting a lip kit for my 5th gen and am in Brissie too, did you get it from Honda or 2nd hand?

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Samoth View Post
    Hey, I'm looking at getting a lip kit for my 5th gen and am in Brissie too, did you get it from Honda or 2nd hand?
    Mines second hand genuine Honda, I had it resprayed and all cracks and scratches are gone

i'm keen on buying one too aye. new or used just needs to be the OEM type s lip. can anyone point me in the right direction. i'm from brissy too

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    You wont find a new Type S lip. Honda Japan don't stock them any more. Best bet would be a wrecker that imports front cuts and other parts from Japan.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    depends on ur budget. yu can use http://www.icbmotorsport.com/jdmprtysfrli.html not sure if they ship to Aus u would have to check it out

The site does say sold out lol..eBay is one of the best places to look but it took me a while, like 6 months until one popped up.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Like I said, Honda Japan don't have any more. ICB do ship here though. Plenty of Japanese suppliers that will ship Honda parts straight from Japan also to save Japan->USA->Australia, but in this case that doesn't help, not for a new one anyway. Probably they come up on Yahoo.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    98 Prelude VTiR
    Yeah I've been looking for a lip kit for ages and I'm from Brisbane too, where'd you get it from and how much?

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by zdturner View Post
    Yeah I've been looking for a lip kit for ages and I'm from Brisbane too, where'd you get it from and how much?
    got mine from a guy in Victoria shipped it up. i paid $750 for the lip and $250 for a respray