Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If you were me, would yoube happy with this header?

Just recived the RMF header rep from an Ebay seller, but i am not sure if am happy with it. The collector seems to be intented in and not round. The ports don't seem to be very round and around the welds and up the runners there is a sticky yellow substance.

Would you return it if you were in my shoes or am i just splitting hairs? Or jsut not worry about it and get the exhaust shop to try and round the collector.

Thanks
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    lmao. i would complain abt dented collector.
    claim paypal that item doesnt fit.

as for flange, you get what you pay for a PLM junk.
    i got plm junk too.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    that headers groce

get your money back and get a genuine, even buy used if u have to.

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    lmao. i would complain abt dented collector.
    claim paypal that item doesnt fit.

as for flange, you get what you pay for a PLM junk.
    i got plm junk too.
    ffs, seller had good feedback and everything. If claim through paypal ill need to send it back and that will cost $$$$$.
    EG

Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    that headers groce

get your money back and get a genuine, even buy used if u have to.
    Yea i think i will... cant find a genuine one
    Last edited by infurNOS; 04-02-2012 at 01:14 AM.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    i would claim paypal first, and see if he can give partial refund to cover your cost fixing dented collector.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    i would claim paypal first, and see if he can give partial refund to cover your cost fixing dented collector.
    I think ill just claim paypal and get the header from a different seller, its probably poorly designed somewhere else costing me power..
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    thats what usually happens when u buy ebay reps

Quote Originally Posted by lilthug View Post
    thats what usually happens when u buy ebay reps
    I bought one from another seller a couple of years ago and it was MUCH better quality than this one....
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    you get what you pay for bro - some people learn the hard way from buying cheap fake sh1t.

Why do people think this RMF header is so good ? it's really not a very good design in any way.. super tight bends, many join welds (these arent smooth on the inside yo) and then the ground clearance is worse than any other 4-1's i've seen. just because it looks wild with pipes going everywhere doesnt mean it's good for power delivery.

FYi B-series ports are not round - they are kinda squared-off.. but those ports look like a blind-man was given a dremel for his birthday.

buy my Mugen 4-1 instead LOL.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    what seller was it if i may ask

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by VT3C View Post
    you get what you pay for bro - some people learn the hard way from buying cheap fake sh1t.

Why do people think this RMF header is so good ? it's really not a very good design in any way.. super tight bends, many join welds (these arent smooth on the inside yo) and then the ground clearance is worse than any other 4-1's i've seen. just because it looks wild with pipes going everywhere doesnt mean it's good for power delivery.

FYi B-series ports are not round - they are kinda squared-off.. but those ports look like a blind-man was given a dremel for his birthday.

buy my Mugen 4-1 instead LOL.
    lol just because something isnt branded doesnt mean its shit, the rmf rep i tested back to back vs the toda 4-2-1 was very similiar on my dyno graph.
    toda producing more torque downlow and the rmf making more hp up top.