Newcomer Array
    Car:
    No car yet :(

Thinking of getting an Accord

Hey everybody, just joined this forum to hopefully find out some information.

I am Thinking of buying a Honda Accord (for hopefully around $5000).

Now I like the look of the fifth generation accords, But I really want to get one with duel airbags and I'm not sure if any of the models have them, can anyone help me here?

Else I think I will get sixth generation ones? I notice the v6 / v6-L have duel air bags (the ones i have looked at on car sales).

Also is there anything advice i could get for when looking for an accord around this age.

I really have a budget of 10k so i will have some spare money to spend on it for what needs fixing and such.

anyway, Thanks in advanced,

Lloyd

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 honda accord VTI-S
    5th gen accord with dual airbags are the VTIS model (badge), 94-97

if your budget is around 10k why not get a 5th gen acccord with H22A engine on it! good as gold ^_^

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AccordV6Luxury
    Hi, if your budget is $10k then try to hunt around for later model bargain. I recently landed myself a 2004 Accord V6 Luxury with low k's for under $10k! i couldnt be happier

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    No car yet :(
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_vti_s View Post
    5th gen accord with dual airbags are the VTIS model (badge), 94-97
    Thanks so even tho this one doesn't say it has dual airbags it should?
    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-1994-11359492

Quote Originally Posted by mr_vti_s View Post
    if your budget is around 10k why not get a 5th gen acccord with H22A engine on it! good as gold ^_^
    What ones have that engine? Or do you me get one put in?

I can't stress this enough. Do not get older accords in auto unless you want transmission issues.

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 honda accord VTI-S
    actually i think 94-95 accord vtis doesn't come with dual air bag, its only 96-97, coz my one is 96 vtis with dual airbag

with the H22A engine, standard accord doesn't come with H22a engine mainly people swap (conversion) the old engine (F22 engine) to H22A