Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EK 2000 Build

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellomotog View Post
    Looks clean man. I got exactly the same car as you in black. Same ks and everything aha shud put some photos up. Ill show u what the type r lip and grille looks like. Ek9 headlights are a must
    Wow sounds like a nice civic mate, Id love to see the photos for a reference of how it would like on mine if i go down that path.

Also guys, What sort of options do I have for improved headlights as in the lights itself.. Like is there nice HID kits for that bright white light or what :P having good lighting is a must

Member Array
    Car:
    Pre-Facelift EK
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven1 View Post
    Also guys, What sort of options do I have for improved headlights as in the lights itself.. Like is there nice HID kits for that bright white light or what :P having good lighting is a must
    I've got 6000k HID's in mine and they are pretty bright, l woun't go over 6000k though

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Hey guys, i put in the stereo on Sunday morning before work, pictures will be up tonight

thinking about an oem ek9 grill for the civic, what's the opinions looks tougher

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Hey guys,

Well this is the work of the sunday before I started work for the day. I replaced the useless AM cassette player that came with the Honda with a nice Pioneer Ipod system. Thanks to dad for the extra set of hands to.

Ive been using the new radio for a couple days now and its a great investment, both in functionality and it looks the bit to with the white backlighting This is the first mod for the Civic and a good solid start.

Now for the Pictures:

BEFORE

AFTER

(sorry for the dodgy after photo but you get the idea)

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek1
    nice headeck

Member Array
    Car:
    Magic Carpet
    if your ipod/mp3 isnt to big you can remove your ash tray and place it inside there (the cable fits nicely between the gap when shut). I also bought a black usb cable just to suit the interior, cos i prefer everything looking OEM as possible. Nice Head unit though ! keep it up

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Hey guys,

Sorry its been a while since ive posted anything on the forum about the car build.
    At this current stage ive moved to uni and settled in. Ill most likely start to do some smaller mods to the car that are cheaper to do. Id love to put money down on large mods but its not really an option at the moment.

So ill either slowly work the sound system or work or strut bars, sways etc.. Just stuff to keep my head in the game but not much money.

Cheap mod ideas are always welcome.

Cheers,
    Steven

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic '96 Gli
    A few first suggestions, is if you find a GLI to take the dash (tacho) out of, grab the sway bar outta the front, it'll improve cornering a ton. The enlinks are important to get too. You'll need WD-40 to loosten the nuts on the enlinks, then ring spanners and a set of allen keys... I didn't pull my swaybar off when I changed them on mine, so I can't tell you exactly what you need to use for them, but if you're interested, I can get under mine and take a few snaps of important parts under there.

My three favourite mods that are fairly cheap:
    Changing the parkers, interior lights and number plate lights to white LED bulbs. Looks so much cleaner and more... well, I dunno how to describe it... I just like it
    Changing the headlights from your stockie yellowish crap to a much whiter brighter light. Mine are "Narva Blue Power". Check with your favourite auto store for options.
    Adding a footwell glow. I made my LED strips myself I kinda love them more because I made them AND they match the orange of my dash at night...

Have fun with your build, and let me know if you want any more ideas

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Cheers for the ideas Peppy,
    I appreciate the low cost mods for the car, sucks when money is low but you do what you have to do. im thinking of checking the wreckers around here and Sydney for some Gli and assorted bits. If i get strut and sway bars that would be awesome.

Id love to see some of the pics of your car and more ideas if your up to posting them.

Many thanks,
    Steven

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    facelift (99-00) EK look nice

try to get a 2nd hand facelift EK9 grille and lip if you are after a clean look.

D series EK = very nice and reliable daily. Tune it for handling only, you'll love it.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    The handling on an ek cxi is actually pretty beast without any mods done to handling.
    imagine how well it will perform with suspension mods.
    paint the side trims + skirts to match your car colors. Looks way better that way. With white i think you should be able to get good results with home DIY jobs (Suck to be me and have a yellow EK, even a professional jobs you can see that mine isn't perfect =C). Go into your local auto store grab a can of color coded mixed paint, plastic primer + sandpaper and of to work.
    Heres my ek
    not perfect but i love it

Thanks for to setanta for taking this pic
    You can also see my weird colored EK9 grill. . . that was my home diy job ;D
    Last edited by manonastick; 10-03-2012 at 02:51 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic '96 Gli
    When I get my new rims and licence back on monday, I'll take a stack of pics of my swaybar and everything associated (I think you'll need to replace your LCAs (Lower Control Arms), as CXI ones don't necessarily have the attachment for the swaybar). Do some searches, because I saw some DIY instructions for adding a swaybar to the EK1, if it didn't come with one.

My poor ride has had a bit of a rough life... his roof is all sunburned, and the bumpers have clearly been used for that a few times... bumping things... I'd have to admit, I've done it a few times, but hey, who on earth puts a parking sign right next to a driveway, right were it'll be in a blind spot? *that* one made me feel daft.

Anyhow, monday arvo I'll chuck some pics up of swaybar and stuff, and I'll try to get a night time shot of what it looks like with the LED bulbs.. pity I don't have a comparison shot.... Unless I go through my old stuff to see if the old bulbs are still there...

And for the last comment, call me Jacob.. Peppy is what I call my car. It was based on my first impressions of driving it, compared to the Daewoo Lanos I had before.. It was so much more responsive, snappier, and I was going to call it perky.. but that's a tad awkward to explain... Peppy worked well, and so he was christened.

Jacob

*edit*

The promised pics of the swaybar mounts and endlinks. If anything isn't clear from the pics, then I'll be happy to explain them thoroughly, but the best way to work out what that is, is to jump under your car and look around. Play spot the difference
    Last edited by Peppy; 12-03-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Monday rolled around ;)