Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EK 2000 Build

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Hey everybody,

Sorry for the long time between replys, uni work seems never ending and time gets away pretty fast.

Thanks for the photos Jacob,
    I appreciate the effort in taking the photos of the swaybar and all the connections.

Im highly likely going to be doing up my headlights this week with better bulbs or a HID kit to improve the lighting in my driving. Im looking into 6000K for the nice white lighting.
    Ill post up photos if it happens this weekend.

Cheers,
    Steven

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Please dont use a HID kit, it was designed for use with projector headlights, EK's do not have projector headlights. You will be blinding people in oncoming traffic.

If you insist on white Phillips makes globes which are white and come in H4.
    OEM parts whore

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Thanks for the advice grifty,

Ill look into some Phillips bulbs in town tomorrow. Definately will improve the lighting for night driving

Cheers,
    Steven

Member Array
    Car:
    Pre-Facelift EK
    you can always direct the light so people dont go blind

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    Please dont use a HID kit, it was designed for use with projector headlights, EK's do not have projector headlights. You will be blinding people in oncoming traffic.

If you insist on white Phillips makes globes which are white and come in H4.
    Miss info here, some cars did come out with HID non-projector head lamps, prime example is the Xenon head lights on R34 GTR

But with the case with Civic ek, just down to personal preference imo
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 EJ8
    When I had a phillips HID kit in my R33, I found that 6000k was more blue than white, if you want white then I would stick to something around 4000k - 5000k.
    Also, I found that because the headlights were standard halogen globe, the HID globes weren't really any better than standard halogen xenon globes you could get, not good enough to warrant the price of the HID kit anyways.
    If you want HID lights, get the headlight housings with projectors to go with it, otherwise you're pretty much wasting most of the potential that the globes have.

Just my 2 cents, lol.

PS. If you don't have the projectors in your headlights, the light pretty much goes everywhere and you do piss off the people infront of you and the people driving on the other side of the road.
    You can only do so much to the direction of the light but not a whole lot.
    Last edited by Dimmerz; 08-04-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED6
    I had HIDS in my r33 in standard housings and it blinded everyone but my friends told me the newer hids in high range cars. Audi ,bmw etc were worse than mine
    So its all bullshit
    Half the people who have driven past with high beams left them on so i didnt really care

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmerz View Post
    When I had a phillips HID kit in my R33, I found that 6000k was more blue than white, if you want white then I would stick to something around 4000k - 5000k.
    Also, I found that because the headlights were standard halogen globe, the HID globes weren't really any better than standard halogen xenon globes you could get, not good enough to warrant the price of the HID kit anyways.
    If you want HID lights, get the headlight housings with projectors to go with it, otherwise you're pretty much wasting most of the potential that the globes have.

Just my 2 cents, lol.

PS. If you don't have the projectors in your headlights, the light pretty much goes everywhere and you do piss off the people infront of you and the people driving on the other side of the road.
    You can only do so much to the direction of the light but not a whole lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsinator View Post
    I had HIDS in my r33 in standard housings and it blinded everyone but my friends told me the newer hids in high range cars. Audi ,bmw etc were worse than mine
    So its all bullshit
    Half the people who have driven past with high beams left them on so i didnt really care
    If only u guys had the series 3 R33 GTR xenon projector head lights than u b balling lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 EJ8
    No-one can justify $300+ per side for a headlight though, haha.
    Plus a few of the R33's had AFS which means when cornering, the headlights moves slightly in that direction..
    Wish I had that! Haha.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Hey everybody,

Update on the headlights.
    Ive put in some 5400K headlight bulbs and they definately are an improvement in the lighting that I can see at night.
    They also give off a white headlight colour which adds a great look to my white civic.
    Went with the updated bulbs to save some money and im happy with the results.
    Photos of how it looks will be put up soon.

As to what happens next with the civic, we shall see.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Sorry for the long period between posts of this car build.
    Money has been a little tight due to univeristy and those sort of things.

Im on my university break now so I decided to do a little bit to the car.

-Washed the car and put some time into doing a little polish with some quick detailer.
    -Removed the Dealer logo from the back of my car, makes the car look a ton cleaner!

Plans for the rest of the week:

-Clean the inside of the car and most likely remove the CXI logo.
    -Get parts for 100k service and floor mats.
    -Junkyard shop for some wrecks to get some parts for cheap mods.

Only some basics at the moment, hopefully will move onto some bigger mods in the near future such as some budget style suspension mods.
    Plans for the long term are for a small turbo on the stock D series due to the lowish Km's on the engine, built from parts that i can collect and install the equipment myself .

Many thanks,
    Steven

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Hey everyone!

This is an update of what happened over the University break to the EK:

- There was a small spot of rust in the seal of the rear hatch window. So I had the glass cut out and then the rust was sanded back, repainted and had the window reset back where it belongs. Always good to stop rust before it gets worse so I took care of it ASAP.

Pictures of the rust itself:

This is how big it is in respect to the window:

- Dropped my car into my mechanic for the 100K service to do the timing belt and to replace the pulleys while he was at it to save on the labour in the long term. Then after I got the car back, I took care of the rest of the servicing myself with a new oil filter, 10w-40 oil and checked all the things I needed to.

-Bought floor mats, a few extra cleaning supplies and took off the dealership logo from the rear window.

Since the tax return came in and I will keep some of the money from it to spend on some mods for my car now that all the needed things are taken care of. Looking forward to doing some actually mods on the car to modify it my way . Also going to Sydney on the weekend so who knows what ill find.

Comments as always are appreciated as always.
    Steven