Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro

CL9 Power Windows

Hey guys, the other day I was using all my windows (cos it was so hot) and they all worked fine.
    Yesterday I tried lowering the rear left window, and it starting to make a grinding noise and would only lower halfway and stop... anyone know what's causing this?
    Is something stuck? or a known power fault?
    .. and how much? .. haha

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro & CRV
    It's not a power fault or it wouldn't move at all......
    If there is a grinding, first check the channels the window runs in...may be something jammed in there
    If nothing there, operate window again and check the point it stops...
    When it stops, does the window wobble in the track, or is it tight?
    Tight..there is an obstruction somewhere..
    Loose and wobbles, probably the teeth on the motor are damaged....
    You may need to remove the door trim.....

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Yeah, check the channels for debris and dirt. Clean it out somehow (use an old credit card wrapped in cloth). Then apply a little bit 303 aerospace protectant in the channel rubber surfaces using the credit card wrapped in cloth.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Had a look and tried the credit card thingo, I knew something was blocking it, and it appeared like a whole lot of dirt because I eventually got it to pull all the way down, and tried cleaning a bit more, but then when i pulled all the way back up (with a lot of effort, it got stuck at one stage haha) i noticed a huge line of dust/dirt along the middle.. so I'm assuming that perhaps from the last time I washed the car a whole heap of dirt may have washed down that side and dried up. Question is.. how do I reverse this process..
    I'll try washing the car again and try get a teensy bit of water in to loosen things up, maybe that'll help a bit.
    I'll post again for progress haha

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You can use more cloths wrapped around the card, wet with a trim/vinyl cleaner. That should help loosen the dirt.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Even a can of compressed are could work to dislodge it i used it in my front window and it worked a treat

I had this problem on my euro. I took the door trim apart and wind the windows down as much as i could. Then i sprayed some lubricants into the channels. Then i winded it all the way up and sprayed some lubricants in from the bottom. Then i kept winding it up and down a few times so the lubricant can spread along the channels. This solved the problem after around 10 times of winding up and down, the window operated as normal. Make sure you use lubricants that are suitable for rubber because some lubricants like made from wd40 can damage the rubber.