title says it all.
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    fhrx studios

name says it all

cheers
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

im running alpine type r components and an alpine 2 channnel amp to go with it and sound is crisp and clear. no need for a sub as the small space in the car produces enough sound lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    amp - jaycar
    speakers - polk
    sub... eh. mtx id say.

Depends on your budget, but you could do something like I have.

Head unit: Alpine X305
    Amps: Rockford Fosgate T600-2 & T1500-1
    Speakers: Boston SPZ60
    Sub: Boston SPG555

From the research that I did over a few months that was what I could find to give me the best sound quality and volume that I could get without sacrificing to much of the boot space. I have to say... I an very happy with the set up, but doing it again I'm not sure that I'd stick with the T600-2, might go for the T400-2 as I've already blown one set of speakers... That was an expensive exercise.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    hows the boston sub? coz atm ive got a rockford fosgate and thats abit of an overkill for the car and want a sub that works with the car

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    define what you mean by 'a sub that works with the car'.

any space/volume restrictions? work out how much room you're willing to sacrifice then get a sub that suits those dimensions.

i see you have a rf sub, what amp is running it? did you want to re-use it?

also, we could mention x or y or z brands/models/series, but we need a budget to work with.. hint hint.. more details please!

have you contacted fhrx yet?
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    I highly doubt your sub is overkill unless you've got a box that taking up too much room, or you've made it too loud. Either way, it's fixable. If it's too loud, turn it down.

For speakers, go listen to some, and find out what you like. You can't really tell somebody what speakers are good.. only what is available in their price range, since you have not mentioned price range, i'll assume millions of dorra.
    Focal Utopia Be Kit N°7/N°7 Active

as for amps, whatever you can afford that has enough power will suffice.
    Talk to Fhrx and save yourself lots of suggestions that you either won't like or won't care about.
    Talk to Fhrx, they will sort you out, and will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by ducbui91 View Post
    hows the boston sub? coz atm ive got a rockford fosgate and thats abit of an overkill for the car and want a sub that works with the car
    Overkill?

I have to say, the only time that I've seen something like that that's "overkill" is when the full-range can't stand up the the bass. That's got more to do with the quality and power handling of the full range in your set up then the amp ever will. If the sub is to loud, then ramp up the fulls and you'll be happy. That's why I spent a long time doing my homework. I got the best fulls that I could for that, and they match the sub well. It also has to do with the amp power to them as well. I've seen people that run 500-800 watts into a sub, and use the factory radio to power the full range... and that's the people that claim that the bass is "overkill".

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by catacaustic View Post
    Overkill?

I have to say, the only time that I've seen something like that that's "overkill" is when the full-range can't stand up the the bass. That's got more to do with the quality and power handling of the full range in your set up then the amp ever will. If the sub is to loud, then ramp up the fulls and you'll be happy. That's why I spent a long time doing my homework. I got the best fulls that I could for that, and they match the sub well. It also has to do with the amp power to them as well. I've seen people that run 500-800 watts into a sub, and use the factory radio to power the full range... and that's the people that claim that the bass is "overkill".
    I think you'll find turning down the sub is a better option than cranking up the speakers, and possibly popping them from clipping...
    You can run stock speakers and a sub easily. You just need to set the gains right, and you're fine.

If the speakers don't sound great still, invest in an amp OR invest in better speakers. Depends on what you want. If you have an old car (such as this s2k) you'd go new speakers and you'd be right.

Tl;dr. Turning down the sub is a much better idea than cranking up the speakers and risking popping them.

Member Array
    Car:
    '01 WRX
    i have almost a full JL Audio set up, love it
    OVERRATED TO BE UNDERRATED

LOLNOPE!

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    it shakes the whole car not sure the exact model of amp but its an infinity monoblock cost about 500-600 from autobarn. the box literally fits perfectly into the little square boot space. willing to spend 1k max on sub.