Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Dude, just turn down the gains on the amp, it'll be fine.. won't need to change anything...

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    would dynamat fix this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    I think you'll find turning down the sub is a better option than cranking up the speakers, and possibly popping them from clipping...
    You can run stock speakers and a sub easily. You just need to set the gains right, and you're fine.
    As I said before, I did my homework, I knew what my amp would do, and what the speakers would handle.

Personally, I believe that you should have an amp that will blow whatever speakers that it's attached to any day of the week, and then you can set teh amp to where it should be to ensure that the speakers work as well as they can. Clipping is bad, but if you get that it means that you have got the wrong amp for the speakers that you've chosen.

What it all comes down to is research. If you do it right, you won't have these issues. You might blow a speaker or two from being a bit to happy to turn it up, but you don't get clipping. That's why I bought the bigger amp, and not the one that "matched" my speakers.

And as i said before, you do not need to turn the sub amp down as long as you have your full range sorted out. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me I'm wrong on that one.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    I put a system in a MX5
    It is quite similar in "sound system".

What i did was i went for a amp that pulls out 200 WRMS PER CHANNEL
    Bought some 8 INCH Speakers for the doors that can handle 250wrms keeping in mind that half of todays products are over-rated i figure it can take 150 rms. (i support the bloke who made that opinion about having more power then a speaker can handle cause your right.. u want it to reach its full power just turn the bloody amp down it isnt hard and well ofcourse like any device/machine the less u use it .. the longer it'll last. Use half its power it'll last 20 years use its full and it wont take u 5.

I tuned my speakers with heaps of bass. I run no sub. And always get the same question, u got good bass and no rattling and..wheres your sub :S ?

Yes, i used alot of dynamat. The entire door, even around the inside of the door panel. and it didnt hurt to even add rubber washers everywhere inside the door (well costed me 2 hours of my life). especially window area. The only rattling i couldnt prevent is the actual window/glass but thats something u can only hear when the roof is on and well.. i personally only ever put it up when theres a storm, i dont mind getting the interior a lil went wen its raining long as ur doing over 80 no rain gets u

hard core top downer
    BWAAHHHHHHH

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    so long story short, dynamat will fix all the rattles from the bootlid and all other areas?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    lol. I was bored so i wrote an essay.

Dynamat will help sub rattle but not get rid of it. Especially that ugly rattlign noise from outside it wil never go away.

Dynamat will FIX speaker bass rattle though and door rattle very efficiently.
    BWAAHHHHHHH

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    anything thats alpine Type-R or Type-X gear is good coupled with a V12 amp... Or even Pioneer gear, always had good results from them...

IMO, if u have a very good, top of the range HU+Amp+Speakers, no need for sub, as most top of the range speakers/splits are adequate to cope with what the music is out putting in terms of treble/bass
    Last edited by mugen_ctr; 22-02-2012 at 10:38 PM.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    recommend me a verryyyy goood top of the range headunit amp n speakers. Given its a 6" as 6.5 wont fit

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    Pioneer dex-p90rs
    Focal utopia BE N*6
    RE audio XXX 18"
    Bonecrusher2 monoblock
    FPS 4.160
    Audison Bitone processor.

Kgo. mid-highish range stuff.

I did that in my original reply. :P

Head unit: Alpine X-305S. One of the best out there as far as a single-DIN unit goes.
    Speakers: Boston SPZ-60. And don't worry.. 6.5" will fit. Every speaker uses spacers, so get some to suit. Very easy solution.
    Amp: Rockford Fosgate Power series. I use a T600-2 for the Bostons and it makes them hit hard, and the quality is always good, right up until they melt.

Or are you looking for something that won't actually fit in the car without major mods???

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Stick to JL Audio. Awesome sound and quality for the price. There treble and quality can
    Not be beaten when there coupled with a JL Audio amp. www.soundmaster.com.au
    Say Wahh

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by ducbui91 View Post
    recommend me a verryyyy goood top of the range headunit amp n speakers. Given its a 6" as 6.5 wont fit
    sigh.. still not a mention of a budget..

fine.. heres some brands/models to get the ball rolling:

headunit: clarion hxd2, pioneer p90rs, alpine, eclipse
    amp: audison 'thesis' seris, tru-technology 'super-billet' series, brax, zapco
    speakers: micro precision 'z' series, dynaudio 'esotar 2' series, morel supremo, focal utopia be no. 6/7, phass, rainbow

if you have an open budget then you can afford the cost of custom spacers to make 6.5'ers fit. there really isnt much difference between 6" & 6.5" anyway. you'd probably have to be more concerned with depth than width.

contacted fhrx yet?
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat