Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Buying an Accord Euro Manual or Auto

Hello

Im in the position of purchasing an Accord Euro.

I have decided to go with the Luxury Navi edtion.

being a new car I believe I can choose Auto or Manual , I am a lover of manual cars usually.

I test drive the accord Euro yesterday and was very impressed, have to decide whether to get a manual or auto

are the manuals ok?
    are they noisier ?
    should i expect better economy from the manual
    do the manuals perform a lot better than the 5 speed auto?
    what are the pros and cons of each

Thanks for your time and any advice or opinions
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.png

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    A manual will always give better economy, more power and require less brake pad changes - in the event that you require a gearbox service or repair it will normally be cheaper to repair a gearbox over a transmission. An auto transmission uses consumes a lot of power from an engine. It's not so noticeable in a V6 or V8 but in a 4cyl car it makes a big difference. This extra power causes your engine to work harder hence the poorer economy figures. When driving a manual you tend to use the lower gears to slow down your car and only rely on brakes to bring the car to a halt, in an auto you only use the brakes to slow down which causes more pad and disc wear. Lastly a gearbox has a series of gears, clutch etc... not that many parts - an auto on the other hand has hundreds of parts inside which is why the service or repair will always cost more. But (there's always a but!!) resale of manual cars can be tricky, most aussies have gotten lazy and prefer autos (no idea why) so it can be a little harder to sell down the track but on the same hand if there are very little manuals to choose from those people that want a manual will less bargaining power as they have less cars to choose from. If it were me (and it is I just bought a 2012 Euro) I'd buy manual every time. If you love driving, love the experience of driving and like feedback from your car - go manual. Hope this helps. Dan

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    Doesnt the navi only come in auto? the Luxury has both..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilz View Post
    Doesnt the navi only come in auto? the Luxury has both..
    Navi is an option for the Luxury model. You can get Navi on the manual version.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    zenki CL9
    nothing wrong with either transmission but the manual would be more "fun"

I just bought a manual and the six speed is amazing in these IMO. I say go for the manual and save some money, a much more engaging drive.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 CL9 Lux
    6 spd MT all the way
    Skunk2 Catback Exhaust, Injen CAI, Alpine CDE-123EBTi, Alpine Type-S Splits, Alpine MRX-F30, Alpine MRX-M50, Alpine Type-S 12" Subwoofer

The Accord Euro CU2 does not have a manual option for the Luxury Navigation variant, only on the Luxury.

There are three grades: Base (A/M), Luxury (A/M), Luxury Navi (A only).

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    The Accord Euro CU2 does not have a manual option for the Luxury Navigation variant, only on the Luxury.

Correct.

Go for the manual... I've got an auto now but had a manual prior to this and I'm really hating the auto.. i miss having a manual

Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post

cant you take the luxury MT and spec in a Navi?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    cant you take the luxury MT and spec in a Navi?
    Unfortunately not.

http://euro.honda.com.au/range-pricing.aspx

Member Array
    You can't, I enquired. Having said that, I'd recommend test driving both (given you have good buying power when getting new). I test drove a M/T CU2 & would honestly would have gone with an auto. A M/T CL9 is way better than an auto CL9 though, must be the weight difference I guess (CL9 - CU2).