Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You guys are all correct, it is true the oem internals can handle a little more abuse than what they are specified for, however that kind of regular abuse will significantly hinder reliability and strength over time. Therefore it is smart to strengthen the weak components of a motor to complement the extra power, because if something is worth doing it is worth doing wright.

Thanks for the input guys.

Hi guys, I am bringing this back from the dead, as I am going to test the BC spec3+ IN cam with ITR EX cam. Might also order a BC spec 3+ EX cam to compare results, or if anyone is kind enough to let me borrow theirs for an afternoon.
    the motor is going to be mildly build with bolt-ons and some custom work like port matching and mild P'n'P.

Just thought this might help someone out there wanting to save bit of money especially if they already have a ITR exhaust cam.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Thats interesting Adrian about the spec 3..

Fyi people, its not just the rpm and lift when it comes to the valve spring, the ramp angle of the more aggressive lobes determines the speed/rate that the springs compress regardless of rpm.. this can lead to metal fatigue and can result in float or even failure.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Everything fatigues champ. Regardless how good your design is.