Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

Workshop that will RWC my EM1 Civic Turbo- UREGNT!!

Hi Guys,

I've got a serious buyer interested in my EM1 Turbo. The only thing holding him back at this point is the RWC. Does anyone know of a workshop that will be able to provide me with a RWC for my car in its current form. I just need it so we can do the transfer through VicRoads.

For those that don't know my car check out my for sales thread in my sig.

Need to sort this out urgently!!!!!!!
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    I'm guessing none of the mods are engineered? Dodgy RWCs don't exist any more due to the new laws. Good luck!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    yeah pretty sure u need a eng cert to gain rwc if ur boosting it... other wise, ur gonna need to pull it back to stock an than get rwc, than slap turbo kit back on
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Y dnt u sell it less 500 & make it the buyers prob for a rwc

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    Y dnt u sell it less 500 & make it the buyers prob for a rwc
    Never offered RWC with sale. Its holding the buyer back. Because he knows he will struggle getting one after sale.
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

pull turbo off? rwc, then back on? Charge the buyer for your labour to do it?
    Problem?

FFamily

Quote Originally Posted by Symphorced View Post
    I'm guessing none of the mods are engineered? Dodgy RWCs don't exist any more due to the new laws. Good luck!
    This.
    Now become almost impossible to get a RWC with modifications.
    The tester may let certain things go such as coilovers etc, a turbo i highly doubt sadly.. Best of luck though bud

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    not exactly true. i had all my mods on when i got road worthy its just the mods that require engineers certificates and are visiably illegal.

They have to take photos of it all now so thats why you will be hard pressed to find someone to do it.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    You can get a RWC with mods,
    From looking at this, engine bay looks very clean, i rekon take it to any tester and find out what youl need, get the list, calc costs and if u can do it or not, no1 will do dodgies anymore.
    When i was doing a RWC for my VTI-R i swear it was gonna cost me heaps for RWC stuff, ended up only being a small list with easy fixes.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie View Post
    You can get a RWC with mods,
    From looking at this, engine bay looks very clean, i rekon take it to any tester and find out what youl need, get the list, calc costs and if u can do it or not, no1 will do dodgies anymore.
    When i was doing a RWC for my VTI-R i swear it was gonna cost me heaps for RWC stuff, ended up only being a small list with easy fixes.
    Who ever gives you a RWC with a turbo hanging off a civic is off their head! lol Seriously! Even turbo cars with aftermarket turbos are deemed as unroadworthy by most of the workshops let alone a civic turbocharged. But dont let me put me off!
    What is popular is not always right. What is right is not always popular.

Just got a dodgy roadworthy(after being handed a rediculous list from a legit roadworthy mechanic) for a civic a few weeks ago, paid him $150 and didn't even put the car on the hoist, and snapped up a few photos. Was out in 5 minutes tops.
    Dodgy roadworthies still do exist bowever, it's all about knowing the right people and whether they trust you or not.
    Lucky I have an arab friend.

Though, I've heard some places do it for ridiculous prices
    Last edited by bart2; 16-03-2012 at 10:48 AM.