Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Integra LS

Suzuki Jimny with F20 Vtec

Why has this not been done yet?

I need thoughts and reasons as to why it hasn't been done along the lines of:

Cost / Benefit isn't a massive concern but obviously a line must be drawn.
    Will it talk to the Suzuki drive train?

Disregard any thoughts about how legal / engineering wise this will be. I'm only concerned with its possibility.

Cheers guys, look forward to hearing from you all
    Owner of NSW 'VTEC' Plates
    DA9 B20 Vtec

Member Array
    Car:
    97EK1 and 95GQ
    not sure if serious : /...

In any way i'm sure with an adapter plate it would be feasible, to mate the engine to the gearbox talk to each other.
    Also you would begin to wonder if a jimny gearbox could handle the power from an F20C.
    You'd have to splice the loom into the jimny harness which would be a massive pain but do-able.
    You would then have to think about the oil pickup in the sump it wasn't designed for massive angles and you don't want to starve something as expensive as an F20C in truth, any conversion could be done ive seen CA18 swaps into Sierras,V6 commodore engines and even an RB20 swap.

I'd love to see it happen but if your going to ask questions like this on a forum i highly doubt you'd be the kind of person to do it, no offence intended.

Member Array
    Car:
    1990 Integra LS
    Totally understand your doubts as I'm exactly the same, so many posts "such and such engine into such and such" people talking a whole heap of rubbish etc. But forums are brilliant for getting thoughts and ideas out in the open. The reason I posted is that I can't find any info about this through google or if it's even been considered before. It's a wild conversion and all your points are great (especially the oil pickup which I had not considered).

Once I get my integra back on the road I will definitely start tinkering with my Suzuki I'm just not sure which path to take yet. If only the Honda CRV were a proper 4x4 Damn Honda.
    Owner of NSW 'VTEC' Plates
    DA9 B20 Vtec

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    i wouldnt exactly call a jimny a proper 4x4 as well

personally id stick a cultus/gti motor and boost that

Forget the firewall - consider the pesky nature
    Of the f20 motor and the very short wheel base of the jimny. The thing will not handle at all. Under steer the snap
    Oversteer every time you get on the juice. It's a little 4wd why put a performance motor in it ? I'd get a rodeo or
    Something motor. Turbo diseal for actual 4wd low end grunt