Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    **R33 Series 2**

help: lowering an EK

hey there i plan to lower my 97 EK civic hatch 3" from stock..

i plan to just change to lowered springs and leave the stock shocks..

the shocks are 8 years old and are running fine.. if i change to lowered springs i dont want to change the shocks.. is this possible??

and also anyone know how much it cost to install springs??

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeptec View Post
    Anyway...remember back in high school? How you pee on the floor and let it splash on the person's shoe in the next cubicle? lawl
    OO\SKYLINE/OO

I'm interested in this also. I want to drop it low so that the lip of my guards just meet the lip of my 15 stockies.

Member Array
    Car:
    usdm whore
    u can get lowerd springs without changin shocks. it'll be fine as i have done the same thing. lowered my car and still have standard shocks.
    u should really upgrade shocks when changin springs. cuz the standard shocks werent made for lowered springs.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R/DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by elim
    I'm interested in this also. I want to drop it low so that the lip of my guards just meet the lip of my 15 stockies.
    to get that you will need to drop the front like 2.5" and rear would be bout 3"
    that is what i did to my civic also running on stock 15s

my springs and shocks and all the rest of the sussy is for sale. let me know if ya interested

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 & GD3
    your shocks should be fine if u only change ur springs, although it is advised to upgrade shocks

on my old car i had a 4inch drop at the front and 3.75 at rear (stock shocks), i drove it like that for 1.5 yrs and never had a problem, its been bout 6 months since i sold it and the new owner has not had any problems either
    Team West Yo!!

www.circuitclub.com.au

take off ur tyres , and then it will be lowered. if u wanna be totally pimp, take the wheels off to. crazy shiznit huh....

Nice Car, what do you use to wash / polish / wax it with?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Astro
    to get that you will need to drop the front like 2.5" and rear would be bout 3"
    that is what i did to my civic also running on stock 15s

my springs and shocks and all the rest of the sussy is for sale. let me know if ya interested

Member Array
    Car:
    **R33 Series 2**
    thanks for the help

anybody know how much it will cost to install the springs and where from?
    Anyway...remember back in high school? How you pee on the floor and let it splash on the person's shoe in the next cubicle? lawl
    OO\SKYLINE/OO

whereabouts are u? if in melbourne go to suspension city. They can install king springs for 300+ and in half an hour...cash terms of course.

but if u go really low without changing shocks then have to be really careful of potholes and stuff. my stock shocks died after a few big bumps.
    Last edited by Muckafutha; 26-02-2005 at 05:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    **R33 Series 2**
    im in western sydney..

thanks for the advise

anyone know the cheapest place to install springs in western sydney??
    also if they can lip the guards for cheap?
    Last edited by UW15HN; 26-02-2005 at 05:51 PM.
    OO\SKYLINE/OO

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK CXi Civic
    it's advise not to use stock shocks. Should get performance shocks when upgrading springs so handling will be better.

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Knyte
    it's advise not to use stock shocks. Should get performance shocks when upgrading springs so handling will be better.
    and the fact that standard shocks will fail on lowered springs. not just a peformace increase but a safety one.
    Last edited by CTR Coupe; 26-02-2005 at 06:45 PM.