Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]

[CL9] throttle body spacers

Yes... Since i cant seem to find a sensible set of rims for the euro...
    Time for my next bolt on for more oomph.

Looking to have the car services soon, and do some TB cleaning when that happens, so I figured might as well tinker with the IM/TB a bit, porting the IM is out of the question (too exxy and needs car off road.. for 5-10 hp)

So as alternative I'm thinking about getting a TB spacer, like P2R or Karcepts, and get IM heat gaskets while I'm at it (also p2r).

Anyone done this before on the euro?

My only concern is the size of the openings, as Acura TSX has larger TB so I don't wanna mismatch it and screw wih the idle, Accord euro has 60mm TB ain't it?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I had the intake manifold gasket from Honda i don't know if it did anything.

But i could touch the manifold with my hands and hold it there but count touch the engine.

But i don't know.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If you have the IM gasket, then not much point having the TB spacer in my opinion.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    If you have the IM gasket, then not much point having the TB spacer in my opinion.

Care to elaborate? I havent got the gasket yet but Im in the understanding that IM gasket effectively increase the size of the manifold, hold more air so to speak
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    What a lot of people do is use the 06-08 TB's from Accord Euros.

Is your Euro 2003-05 can't remember :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Care to elaborate? I havent got the gasket yet but Im in the understanding that IM gasket effectively increase the size of the manifold, hold more air so to speak
    What he means is if you have the im gasket then you will already be saving heatsoak so the tb gasket would yield minimal gains.

Also it doesn't really hold air so to speak but the gasket is about 5mm thick so can make it a bit longer

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    What he means is if you have the im gasket then you will already be saving heatsoak so the tb gasket would yield minimal gains.

Also it doesn't really hold air so to speak but the gasket is about 5mm thick so can make it a bit longer
    Hmm spacer, not gasket.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    A gasket is the same thing just a piece of metal

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    A gasket is the same thing just a piece of metal
    This is what I'm talking about, for the cu2 tho.

Spacers add volume to the manifold.
    http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810057

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    You really want to blow $120 on a throttle body spacer?

Fair enough, they are claimed to make minimal hp increase (like 1hp) but that's purely from the thermal gasket's only.

They are totally useless, but i found something to use one for....

Methanol injection.
    V T E C h n i q u e
    Since 2001
    OG Member #3

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by shmivic View Post
    You really want to blow $120 on a throttle body spacer?

Fair enough, they are claimed to make minimal hp increase (like 1hp) but that's purely from the thermal gasket's only.

They are totally useless, but i found something to use one for....

Methanol injection.
    I was looking at the Karcept one's which is $62 shipped....

Was only interested because it's cheap. And after looking at the K-series Intake manifold shootout from Superstreet, looking at the difference between OEM RBB and RBC manifolds, the differences in plenum between them is but 1 square inch at most, yet they made a massive torque different on the dyno (something like 13nm's and 10 HP, from 1 square inch difference in internal dimensions).

Since Im going to instal IM Gasket and take the TB off to clean next service I figured I might as well, thas all

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by http://honda-tech.com/showpost.php?p=36671796&postcount=4
    They are usefull when you want to shift a power curve lower, but an improvement in gross HP figures will not come from this alone.
    It (in effect) lengthens the intake track. Taking into account sonic reversion theorys, a longer intake track (as also long(er) header primary tubes) will shift the power curve lower in the rpm range.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showpost.php?p=808741&postcount=25
    Basically it's tricking the MAF sensor. The the computer adjusts the fuel injection based on how much air is flowing past the MAF sensor given that it knows the volume of air in the intake hose. The spacer adds air volume without the MAF detecting it making the engine burn leaner.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 18-02-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Update

Found this thread:
    http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/intak...acer-faqs.html

looks like it shifts the power curve to the lower RPM's (at least on the K20 PRB Intake Manifold)
    Last edited by Fredoops; 18-02-2012 at 11:50 AM.