Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 B18CR

Question what the difference between B20b Block with b16 head and B18 Head

what the difference between B20b Block with b16 head and B18 Head
    Hey guy just wonder difference between B20b Block with b16 head and B18 Head?
    which one head give more power and strong?

THANK YOU

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    from my understanding

flow rates on the b16 head are higher than that of the b18 head

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    depends on type of head? b16b, b16a, b18c2, b18cr or b16b.

but besides the obvious cams, manifolds etc... b16 flow better because its made out of the same cast mouldings as the type r's. thats what im led to believe ayways
    BARPPP

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 B18CR
    i got B18c2 stock head lol

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    B18C2- will give you a slight compression increase vs pr3 head, is stamped P72 on the head, Uses the Dual Stage Intake Manifold, 60mm throttle body

B16A- stamped PR3, uses a single stage manifold, 60 mm TB

B18C7/JDM B18CR- mild port on the intake side, larger camshafts, larger single stage intake manifold, dual valve springs on both I/E, 62mm TB

B16B- same as above ^ but with a bee's dick of an increase in duration on the intake camshaft 240 vs 243 degree's

To answer your question the best would be the R range head, but its probably cheaper/better value to get either head pr3/p72 from the VTiR range and modify it with
    better internals, mind you will need to notch/replace ur pistons on the B20 block if your planning to use anything larger than the ITR camshaft as you will get piston/valve contact.
    Both pr3/p72 heads can flow just as well as each other, most people choose a B16A head as its more widely available and the intake manifold can
    be swapped with a larger ITR one whereas the B18C2 your stuck with buying an aftermarket Blox/Skunk2 ITR copy.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 B18CR
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    B18C2- will give you a slight compression increase vs pr3 head, is stamped P72 on the head, Uses the Dual Stage Intake Manifold, 60mm throttle body

B16A- stamped PR3, uses a single stage manifold, 60 mm TB

B18C7/JDM B18CR- mild port on the intake side, larger camshafts, larger single stage intake manifold, dual valve springs on both I/E, 62mm TB

B16B- same as above ^ but with a bee's dick of an increase in duration on the intake camshaft 240 vs 243 degree's

To answer your question the best would be the R range head, but its probably cheaper/better value to get either head pr3/p72 from the VTiR range and modify it with
    better internals, mind you will need to notch/replace ur pistons on the B20 block if your planning to use anything larger than the ITR camshaft as you will get piston/valve contact.
    Both pr3/p72 heads can flow just as well as each other, most people choose a B16A head as its more widely available and the intake manifold can
    be swapped with a larger ITR one whereas the B18C2 your stuck with buying an aftermarket Blox/Skunk2 ITR copy.
    THANK YOU GSi_PSi and i already have B18c2 head all i need now is B20 block

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    You should read this thread here. If you're serious about the build then you won't mind a bit of research.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    You should read this thread here. If you're serious about the build then you won't mind a bit of research.
    ^^^what he said
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......