Integrating third party bluetooth into 04 lux

Last year i got installed a bluetooth unit similar to a parrot. The installer couldnt get factory mute to work so instead put in a small speaker and put in a relay to disconnect power to factory head unit when call comes through bluetooth unit, and once call is finished, powers head unit back up.

after a year i am kind of over it, especially because the unit supports audio over bluetooth but if i do that it turns head unit off and i lose all visual (ie. air con settings) and the speaker he installed is shit.

has anyone got an 04 (or i guess any model with 7uro head unit) and can tell me how they installed there unit? can you have the OEM head unit mute when call comes through?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by aiutn View Post
    Last year i got installed a bluetooth unit similar to a parrot. The installer couldnt get factory mute to work so instead put in a small speaker and put in a relay to disconnect power to factory head unit when call comes through bluetooth unit, and once call is finished, powers head unit back up.

after a year i am kind of over it, especially because the unit supports audio over bluetooth but if i do that it turns head unit off and i lose all visual (ie. air con settings) and the speaker he installed is shit.

has anyone got an 04 (or i guess any model with 7uro head unit) and can tell me how they installed there unit? can you have the OEM head unit mute when call comes through?

Cheers
    Get him to install relays on all the speakers.That way when you get a call the headunit stays on and just the speakers are muted.BTW this is what i have.