Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Anyone with Coles Car Insurance?

I'm currently on RACV for $2000 under parents name.
    I obtained a quote from Coles which is only $640 and covers drivers under 25. If i add in my name as another driver, it becomes 1280 which is still a heck of a lot cheaper than RACV.

On RACV, i believe that if i crash, i pay standard + age excess = 950ish
    On coles, it'll be the same, however they don't state anywhere their age excess. the standard is 650.

Can anyone give their opinions, or if they are insured with Coles to state their experiences also.

Cheers

PS. i'm 18, with a 98 integra gsi (dc4)

umm is this coles as in the supermarket? O_O
    Be water my friend.

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    thats what i was thinking

you coles like woolworths

the fuk they doing insurance for?

Because they a nation supermarket maybe they got the dough ???
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_boi View Post
    not quite sure how to spell but taste mad, its hard on the outside and creamy on the inside omfg so good

a lot of insurance underwriters are aligning themselves with other national brands. this co-branding has been around for a while. the banks did it many years ago, westpac insurance, st george insurance, etc.
    basically, look who the underwriter is. normally its vero, or suncorp, or a big name insurer. how it works is the underwriter is given a criteria in which they can offer policies thru. such as type of car, age restrictions, amount insured, etc.
    often, they cannot insure high end luxury or high risk cars such as sports cars. but everyday cars like a magna, or corolla would be their target market.
    just read the policy carefully and see who the underwriter is.
    i insured with westpac many years ago when i had my s2000, made a claim, no issues.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    lmao @ paying $2K a year insurance for a dc4

lmao
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    my old man went with west pac insurance... made a claim few weeks ago, didnt reliaze that it was infact vero insurance that does it an not the actual westpac lol, was wondering why it was vero an not westpac em selfs, i guess all comes down to making more money if the banks paired up with other companies
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    2k, wtf? I pay half that and I'm with AAMI.

yeah, lot of "wtf @ 2k"... I DONT KNOW WHY THEY ARE BEING ****S TO ME

it shouldn't be THAT high, im 18 + high risk suburb + sports car (shitbox more like it)... FAHH dammit

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    lots of stuff
    coles is doing insurance? next thing you know you'll be able to pickup a cover note for your newly purchased car down the isle.

question is, how cheap is it compared to something generic like justcar.

Coles is VERY cheap... for most people at least. Easily the cheapest by a mile for me. Not sure about the quality, hence the thread. They also don't reveal much information in their PDS or website, so i'm suspecting they are dodgy. They don't even mention how much the age excess is. Could be $2000 for <25yo for all we know.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Go on other insurer websites, you can put in all your own and your cars details and they can give you a rough estimate on how much your insurance will cost.