How do I tell what sound system I have?

Looking to buy a parrot MKi9200 from the UK and the seller is asking if I have a premium sound system, but I have NFI...

Car is an '07 Euro. It has Nav. I wouldn't say the sound system sounds premium!

TIA for any help...

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    You're not in luck, the Navi has a different sound system than the rest of the range IIRC.....
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I'm not sure if this helps you out but it might.

I have the 07 base euro non-nav and I have the mki9100. So I got the pc000008aa (non premium sound) adaptor cable and everything plugged up without any problems.

So not too sure about the nav system, but I remeber reading somewhere parrots on nav was not possible.

Also I'm in Melbourne and I can get the parrot system abit cheaper so if you want let me know how much you can get it for and I'll see if I can beat it

Thanks for the replies (already).... not good news by the looks of it. I'll ring Honda today to find out how much for factory Bluetooth, but I don't expect that to be god news either. I really like the look of the Parrot and I'm surprised more people here haven't chosen them over the xcarlink.

Maybe I should pay an Aus installer to do it (mki9200) so I'm not stuck with a unit if it doesn't work...

i was quoted $650 - $700 by 2 seperate dealers for OEM bluetooth unit fitted.

Ouch. That's even worse than the $500 I was expecting. I wonder if they'd do a deal on just the parts if I install myself. I'm not overly concerned about iPhone integration - but it would help justify the $$$

this is what i was told from one dealer

if you car has satellite navigation ,they cannot be fitted,otherwise they can.
    cost per unit is $499.00 inc gst plus fitting approx $150.00.

the dealer where i got my service told me $700 fitted, but alas they said not compatible with my 2004 lux

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    LUX Euro 07
    This thread is what i was looking for...

I just bought a mki9200 cause i got done for talking and driving in a bl00dy car park.

i have a 07 euro lux (WITH NO NAV)... bought the unit for $290 new.

can anyone assist to tell me if its possible to install it in my car...
    --- ITs A JunGle Out ThErE ---
    -----------------------------------
    Honda Accord Euro Luxury

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney_Lankan View Post
    This thread is what i was looking for...

I just bought a mki9200 cause i got done for talking and driving in a bl00dy car park.

i have a 07 euro lux (WITH NO NAV)... bought the unit for $290 new.

can anyone assist to tell me if its possible to install it in my car...
    The suitable Parrot (or compatible) adaptor cable for non premium sound will work - I've got that paired with a Parrot CK3000 evo in my non-nav CL9 lux.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 06
    i got a 06 lux with nav i called up larke hoskins and were told i cannot install their factory bluetooth and also quoted me $499 for a iPod connector inc labor.

anyone know if the xcarlink would work in my head unit?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    LUX Euro 07
    So i called the guy who installs the Bluetooth for the brand new Honda cars at the dealers... he told me to check my car if i had a sub and if i had amp in the car.. i checked everywhere and found that i dont have an amp.

i got factory splits in the front .. speakers in the rear doors and 6x9 in the rear parcel. seems to be they are running of the head unit.

i bought the unit for 290 and the guy who is installing it asked for 200 ... all in all i think its worth it but yeah well see it goes on next Saturday.
    --- ITs A JunGle Out ThErE ---
    -----------------------------------
    Honda Accord Euro Luxury