Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

hihgest mileage Jazz

Hi all, my 2004 Jazz VTIS is fast heading toward 200,00 kms, current sitting at 192,000 kms. I am just wondering whether anyone has a higher mileage Jazz out there. I hope to keep my car until 300,000 kms.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by 62rocket View Post
    Hi all, my 2004 Jazz VTIS is fast heading toward 200,00 kms, current sitting at 192,000 kms. I am just wondering whether anyone has a higher mileage Jazz out there. I hope to keep my car until 300,000 kms.

Would be good to know what/if any mechanical issues are occurring with higher K examples.

Sadly mines ( 06 VTI CVT ) only got 95,000K, no problems so far apart from 1 slightly warped front disc fixed with a $15 surface machine, and 1 right rear wheel bearing fixed for $70 with a repco replacement.

I want to update to something else soon, but, it still drives like new and is hard to beat for practicality and cheap running costs.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BLACK GD3
    Hi 62rocket, I have a 2003 Vti 7speed CVT pass 200,000km already one months ago so far no major issue (finger cross) just have been replace rear wheel bearing once, gear box mounting replace other than that just a regular service done !!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, GD3
    Mine's close to 180,000 kms and still going strong. Only cosmetic issues (grr other people's door damage and @#%#@$ rock chips). Engine seems to be fine - very well built for a little car!

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    SS rotel has an 05 and his is well over 200,000kms, he said he had a rebore at the 200,000 mark (around 5 months ago

mine is an 03 but hasnt even made it to 120000 yet lol.

hmm.. nah, it was about 170,00 when it was Rebuilt.

When they pulled it apart it still had the factory hone marks so we decided not to overbore it. (wanted to keep as much meat in the cylinder wall as we could), so it's currently done 189,000kms.

80% of all this is highway km's, hence the state of the engine when it was pulled apart, (drives from brisbane to tenterfield/stanthorpe 4-5 times in a year)

Gearbox is still good and tight, and honestly, they only things we have trouble with is stuff i have modified, and MAYBE A coil pack. (looks like one has a little water damage and i have an ignition problem @ light throttle when it's really hot)

SO, DONT modify your JAZZ if you want it to last forever, and change the oil lots
    Last edited by ss-rotel; 05-03-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    Quote Originally Posted by ss-rotel View Post
    SO, DONT modify your JAZZ if you want it to last forever, and change the oil lots
    isn't that a rule for all cars though? unless they're bombs to begin with

S P A M|W O R K S

Like A Sir

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Not necessarily, but in most circumstances aesthetic and performance mods cause damage or lead to causing damage. But that's the price you pay for having it go faster, the candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

hondas go on forever anyway..... with the jazz most of the time what you would do would be I/H/E which shouldn't affect it too much, start messing around with the internals then you will see problems occur

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    I was reading the log books the other day for my wife's jazz and was very concerned when I noticed the first recommended coolant change was at 200,000kms, O.O and at no point in the book was there a requirement to change the timing belt/chain....
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    04 GD3 Jazz
    Jazz'es dont have timing belts (according to my mechanic...)

He only changed my spark plugs at 100k km service
    atm im at 116k km

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3-EVO-S2000
    nope...no timing belts, like all new cars...all modern cars have timing chains, and the only reason you need to change the timing chain is when it stuffs up. which is never if you frequently service it.
    Herro