Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    VIP Nissan Cima
    There's no chance. Australia doesnt have a big enough car market. Thats the problem - Its not economically viable for the car companies to bring fast/expensive/unique cars to australia becaise we wouldnt buy them in high enough quantities.

The only way to keep some variety on our roads was through a small trickle of imported cars that were available to us. Now that trickle has been restricted to a very slow drip...

ef

lucky i brough one be4 it change

Member Array
    Car:
    jazz
    confirm dead on 13th May 2005 at 0000 hours

Member Array
    Car:
    135i & CBR
    awww so no more?

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominik
    There's no chance. Australia doesnt have a big enough car market. Thats the problem - Its not economically viable for the car companies to bring fast/expensive/unique cars to australia becaise we wouldnt buy them in high enough quantities.

The only way to keep some variety on our roads was through a small trickle of imported cars that were available to us. Now that trickle has been restricted to a very slow drip...
    Australia is too TIGHT! thats the best explanation - they simply want to promote all the Fords and Holdens they can - since there is no restriction on power. Its their way of maintaining the interest.

If you guys notice there has been MORE and MORE imports driving around the place recently than any time before - simply cos every teen that could would import a skyline, sylvia etc - all modified high performance car... so the govt basically is closing down on that!
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Member Array
    Car:
    ホンダ
    wish i can get the EG-9 here.......haha
    地下インポート
    www.undergroundimports.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    NM35 Stagea
    they closed it before we could import nsx..
    Why VTEC when you have Turbo?

Member Array
    Car:
    murcielago
    damn..thats ghey!
    EG5 Powered by DR HONDA
    Tune By: Scott @ Insight Motorsport

QSR Customs

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodachi
    they closed it before we could import nsx..
    doesn't NZ sell NSXs ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    135i & CBR
    yea they have a fair few running around over there

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    [QUOTE=SINISTR]Australia is too TIGHT! thats the best explanation - they simply want to promote all the Fords and Holdens they can - since there is no restriction on power. Its their way of maintaining the interest.

the question is who is they and why?

I think it sucks how the re- elected Howard Federal Gov't is taking it upon itself to represent the interests of multi-national big businesses: Ford, Holden and Mitsubishi ahead of a tiny minority of enthusiasts/small businesses involved in the importation of discarded vehicles from Japan - an enviromentally friendly iniative as no further energy required to produce.

I think that changes like this reflect the Howard Governments values and a payoff for mates - bully boy multi nationals- not "Aussie" firms.

Its not to late to try and influence, after all they are your Federal Government and are accountable to you the voter. Something to remember around next election I reckon

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    [QUOTE=Nightrider]
    Quote Originally Posted by SINISTR
    Australia is too TIGHT! thats the best explanation - they simply want to promote all the Fords and Holdens they can - since there is no restriction on power. Its their way of maintaining the interest.

the question is who is they and why?

I think it sucks how the re- elected Howard Federal Gov't is taking it upon itself to represent the interests of multi-national big businesses: Ford, Holden and Mitsubishi ahead of a tiny minority of enthusiasts/small businesses involved in the importation of discarded vehicles from Japan - an enviromentally friendly iniative as no further energy required to produce.

I think that changes like this reflect the Howard Governments values and a payoff for mates - bully boy multi nationals- not "Aussie" firms.

Its not to late to try and influence, after all they are your Federal Government and are accountable to you the voter. Something to remember around next election I reckon
    It doesn’t really matter who was in power. The labour government would have done the same thing. The big companies have 4 people full time in Camberra that lobby the government for what they want.
    Infact I think the labour government would have done it even earlier to "protect Australian workers" in the car industry.