Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast
    Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    previous S2000

Lightbulb How do you wash your car?

So we're curious..

How do you wash your car? What techniques do you use, and what products to do use?

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a DC2 VTIR
    Basically the two bucket method with a off the shelf wash and wax (Some crappy brand). Then dry with a synthetic chamois.

Been to lazy to do any correction!
    DC2 VTI-R (INJEN-LIKE CAI, Unknown Extractors, 2 inch exhaust)

I was my car with this:

http://static.productreview.com.au/p...e747856534.jpg

and apply with this:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

And chamois it down dry.

I then wax the car with:

http://cf.mp-cdn.net/b8/bc/88f3aa5c1...78e2a70e46.jpg

Once over with a microfiber cloth, and they over the car again until the wax is dry with another micrfiber cloth.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX-88/Civic 75
    I wet the car with a hose. Wash roof, boot, and hood with a sponge and auto glym car shampoo. Rinse off. Wash sides of car to the moldings next then rinse. Wash from moldings to side skirts next. Last of all the rims. This way you don't pick up road grime and scratch any upper surfaces.. Rinse again, then chamois dry. Hit it with Auto Glym high resin polish, finally Meguires Carruba wax twice job done

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    I wait for it to rain then quickly park the car outside

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a DC2 VTIR
    Quote Originally Posted by ctx View Post
    I wait for it to rain then quickly park the car outside
    sounds legit
    DC2 VTI-R (INJEN-LIKE CAI, Unknown Extractors, 2 inch exhaust)

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    my cousins fiance owns zoom carwash on canterbury rd so i just take it down there and do it myself using his equipment takes about 5-10 minutes then the workers dry it and clean inside.

two bucket method.

rinse section to be washed with hose; soap up with car shampoo; rinse and repeat for all panels. starting from roof > bottom. after all sections done, i use a chamois to dry it.

i do my alloys first, and wheel arches first.

i have been thinking of using a water blade as it seems like a lot faster way to dry the car.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    previous S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    two bucket method.

rinse section to be washed with hose; soap up with car shampoo; rinse and repeat for all panels. starting from roof > bottom. after all sections done, i use a chamois to dry it.

i do my alloys first, and wheel arches first.

i have been thinking of using a water blade as it seems like a lot faster way to dry the car.

You should offload that chamois of yours as every other technique you have is 100%.

Think of a water blade, think of rubber dragging along your paint and unfortunately will mar your paint very quickly Waffle Weave Drying Towel or Microfibre Chamois!

thanks for the heads up. was thinking of opening a car detailing yard (operate from home) to supplement my income. since shifts at work are slow, and my personal project is slowing down.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    previous S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    thanks for the heads up. was thinking of opening a car detailing yard (operate from home) to supplement my income. since shifts at work are slow, and my personal project is slowing down.
    consider attending a clinic for a bit more information and know how on the whole detailing thing. Great for the experienced or even inexperienced

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Hi just a question,

I bought some Autoglym paint renovator. I was planning to remove the spider webs and craters I got in my paint.
    I did it by hand, and there was little effect. I gave it a good whack. Then with the resin polish, extra gloss protection then wax.

Am I missing something?
    Choke dealer