Odd Noise Braking Issue!!!!

Hi, I have a 2005 Honda Jazz VTi-S (AUTO) just yesterday I have noticed that when I brake (at certain speeds) the car starts to make a tsst tsst tsst (whooshing like) sound as it is slowing down followed by a dudd thumping sort of noise soon after. If I then continue to keep driving it almost feels as though ABS is coming on and the brakes make that horrible grinding, locking sound.

I know the best thing is to take the car to a dealer (I cannot book it in until Wednesday) I was wondering if anyone had a similar or same issue.

In the last 6 months, the front brake pads/discs have been replaced as well as a brake fluid flush. I am thinking it might be either faulty ABS or maybe a problem with the brake master/booster.

Could this possibly be caused by front wheel bearing failure as the ABS unit is contained within?

PLEASE HELP!
    Jeremy.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    a few check points to think about.

1) Bleed the brake system - possibly air gaps in the brake system - (this is for your crappy brake feel)
    2) Rotors may need to be machined for even surface/wear. (brake noises)
    3) Brake pads are worned out - 6months is overkill but will depend on how hard you use the brakes. - best to use engine brake as you slow down.
    4) Worse case scenario - ABS is faulty - but if this is faulty the ABS check light on the cluster should turn on during heavy braking.

check the above out prior bringing the car for the service checkup.
    Last edited by IV73CI; 27-02-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3-EVO-S2000
    could be the metal backing plate on the back of the brake pads making the whooshing noise and im assuming the dudd is when you stop? i'd doubt its the abs but if you cant inspect your brakes yourself better off going back where you got your brakes done and complain...it shouldnt cost you a thing for the inspection.
    Herro

Thanks for getting back to me, I have booked the car in for Wednesday (earliest time). The ABS light on the dash did not light up. I was leaning away from the idea it could be anything to do with brakepad/brakedisc installation as the brakes have been working 100% since all that work was carried out. I will let you know what Honda says on Wednesday. I am thinking possibly a worn front wheel bearing as that contains the ABS unit in the bearing itself so it explains both sounds I explained in my first post. Hopefully its nothing too expensive haha
    Last edited by jeremy_74; 28-02-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Took the car to Honda this morning, they could not find anything, they drove and inspected the car, still nothing, got my dad to drive it, nothing, I have just been driving it around just now, braking normally and harder than normal, still nothing. Just going to leave it and hope it doesnt happen again! Thanks for everyones feedback.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Its probably just your brake pads had a metal bit compound that caused it to make noises.. Its probably bedded in now why u dont hear it no more..
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......