Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R

DC5R Rear Boot Lock problem

I have a problem with my 2002 DC5R where the rear boot actuator no longer seems to work. When I press the lock/unlock button on my alarm, you can hear the boot actuator make a noise, but it doesn't seem to lock.

has anyone had this problem before? I took the rear interior panel off and everything looks ok. Also tried lubricating it without success. Any ideas what what this part costs??

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Go to a wrecker and get the rear boot latch. Mine only cost me $60. The salesperson wanted to stab me for $200. I got it down to $100 then told him I could get a brand new one for $100 so I'd give him $60 bucks abit over half price and he took it. I was lying though. But seriously, I know they want to make a profit but that that price for a used part is BULLSH!T. Yea anyways it was also very easy to remove by the mechanic.

Have a look at your one first because there is kind of like a metal finger that may of got bent somehow. This was a problem with my replacement rear boot latch worked for a couple dys then ****ed up. Turns out an impact from a crash or something bent the metal finger out of place so it was grinding on the plastic and getting stuck.

Have a good look at your one first.

then call up a wrecker. shop around. Less than $100 is acceptable price IMO ...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    Go to a wrecker and get the rear boot latch. Mine only cost me $60. The salesperson wanted to stab me for $200. I got it down to $100 then told him I could get a brand new one for $100 so I'd give him $60 bucks abit over half price and he took it. I was lying though. But seriously, I know they want to make a profit but that that price for a used part is BULLSH!T. Yea anyways it was also very easy to remove by the mechanic.

Have a look at your one first because there is kind of like a metal finger that may of got bent somehow. This was a problem with my replacement rear boot latch worked for a couple dys then ****ed up. Turns out an impact from a crash or something bent the metal finger out of place so it was grinding on the plastic and getting stuck.

Have a good look at your one first.

then call up a wrecker. shop around. Less than $100 is acceptable price IMO ...
    Do you have a picture of the rear latch you are referring to? I take it you are also referring to DC5 and not DC2?? There's no manual boot release cable or anything (all electronic). I can't seem to see anything wrong with the mechanical hardware last time I looked, but I'll take another look. It seems as though the actuator motor is no longer strong enough to open/close the rear lock.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Sorry no picture. But yes Im reffering to a dc5. Have a look on your trunk, where it gets locked to the car rear while inside the car. There should be a cover that you can easily remove by hand. When you take off you'll see the locking mechanism. And the bit that sticks out on the top is the locking lever. Slide this either way to lock or unlock. The problem here is the motor connected to this locking lever doesnt ork anymore. To get this your gong to have to take off all the trim on the hatch. After that it as just 3 bolts, unplug the wire and bam done.

Ill take a pictures if you really need it.

Taking off the rear trim is a bitch but possible. take your time. SOz for late reply btw

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    Sorry no picture. But yes Im reffering to a dc5. Have a look on your trunk, where it gets locked to the car rear while inside the car. There should be a cover that you can easily remove by hand. When you take off you'll see the locking mechanism. And the bit that sticks out on the top is the locking lever. Slide this either way to lock or unlock. The problem here is the motor connected to this locking lever doesnt ork anymore. To get this your gong to have to take off all the trim on the hatch. After that it as just 3 bolts, unplug the wire and bam done.

Ill take a pictures if you really need it.

Taking off the rear trim is a bitch but possible. take your time. SOz for late reply btw
    Thanks for the reply. I hav already taken off the rear trims as well as the rear latch cover and I can see everything is working fine. The motor doesn't seem to be strong enough to move the latch (even though it moves very easily by hand). I took the actuator apart and now it locks with the remote, but doesn't unlock so I guess its dead. What is a good wrecker somebody can recommend?