Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

Roadworks = Damage car?

Heres the scene.....

I was driving around before, coming home, an there are road works happening.... Sure enough the limit is 60, but not 40, wtffff?!?!??! it should b 40 not 60... But heres where it gets interesting, they are literally cutting up the road... there are pot holes every where... I have to swerve to aviod them onto oncoming traffic....

But theres a section of the road cut up... so basically, theres no way of avoiding it... i have to drive across this small section of the road cut up... and it dips down... As i was driving, mind u it was dark, it hit it.... heard the exhaust scrap and a hit, i heard the exhaust note change a slight bit, which indicates there might be damage to the exhaust... Most likely the cat as its hangs a bit low lol....

Some might say my cars low... i dont care, about that, its the fact that i had no notice of this..... nor did the road work company/building company did anything to prevent this... at least put a steel sheet to cover the section cut up!!! isnt it the companies obligation to maintain safe roads when before and after hours of road works?

If there are any damages, can i claim the damages through the council or proper authorities?
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Doubt it they will just say normal cars would get through find..
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    If your cars lowest point is illegal you wont have a leg to stand on.

If the material was very high and your car is legal height then fair enough

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Dangz........

Oh well... not much i can do if thats the case..... Must find a new route around it than lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

jack car back up
    go complain
    Chunky = the first youngest ozhonda member ever

OZHONDA 4 LYFE!

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    you can try
    take a photo of the biggest pot hole where you think the damaged was caused
    take a photo of damage to car and replacement costs
    send to local council with report and pictures to claims dept
    they will investigate and determine if you will get compensation
    can go either way
    thats how you do it in brisbane

raise car. then complain

edit: beaten lul
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    cheers guys... ill have a look tmwwr at whats been hit an damaged, hopefully nothing to serious and go from there...
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    you can try
    can go either way
    good info.

theres more roadwork in city cbd area and its pothole fest overnight
    hope i can do the same in vic
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I spoke to a bloke who works for the Whitehorse council about this once at a party and he said the main problem you have is deciding who is at fault.

It might be the construction work company since they are doing the work but failing to provide safe driving advice (alt. route or speed limit etc).
    The council is generally more at fault when a road is in a state of disrepair.
    So they usually blame one another to try to avoid costs.

You have nothing to lose though so just go for it.

Edit: i once found a cut out hole on the road on my way home in the middle of an S bend. Was like 2x2 foot and seriously 20-30cm deep. Had to slam on my breaks and drive over it. They filled it with asphalt by when it rained it just sank down again!
    Last edited by dougie_504; 14-03-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    grey 94' EGG
    man... council are Dirty F***kers IMO, my mate hit a pothole turning left at traffic lights...... when he raised the issue with the local shire .... and hinted damage to his vehicle...."MAGICALLY" the next day there was no pothole, but fresh bitumen where the hole had been

*you want the name of the shire - PM me / *hint - 11 councilors got the sack for "under the table dealing"

another incident: mate works at a small workshop spray painting, tree out the front looks fragile. Told the shire to remove as he dont want the tree toppling over his ride (council did JACK!) ........sum time later - windy night in western suburbs, tree falls over and hit Boss's work van and cracks windscreen. dobbed the council with photos and mech repair report..... *Magically* next day ... tree is rooted and gone without a trace... leaving behind dirt + hole where tree has been

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by 90LAN View Post
    you can try
    can go either way
    agreed. but raise it first

Quote Originally Posted by junoki View Post
    man... council are Dirty F***kers IMO, my mate hit a pothole turning left at traffic lights...... when he raised the issue with the local shire .... and hinted damage to his vehicle...."MAGICALLY" the next day there was no pothole, but fresh bitumen where the hole had been

*you want the name of the shire - PM me / *hint - 11 councilors got the sack for "under the table dealing"

another incident: mate works at a small workshop spray painting, tree out the front looks fragile. Told the shire to remove as he dont want the tree toppling over his ride (council did JACK!) ........sum time later - windy night in western suburbs, tree falls over and hit Boss's work van and cracks windscreen. dobbed the council with photos and mech repair report..... *Magically* next day ... tree is rooted and gone without a trace... leaving behind dirt + hole where tree has been
    happened to us once. my dad complained cos they didn't mow our side lawn. the lady on the phone said 'they're not due for your area for a while and you'll just have to wait'

my dad got hell pissed off and said 'if it catches fire tomorrow it's your fault'.. and there u hvae it.. lawn mowed!
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC