Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY LEGS =]

Civic EK - Tail lights not working

Hi guys, i want to know if anyone has had this problem or if its a common problem.

I've got an EK1, the problem is my tail lights and tag lights are not working when i have them on parker. Brake light works and signal light works but not when parkers are on. Head light works and everything but headlight parkers dont work aswell.

Check light bulbs and even replaced them, changed interior fuse (7.5A Licence Light, Tail Lights) was also unsuccessful.

Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated, Regards Van.

If your instruments still illuminate (cluster, heater, stereo), you have a short at Fuse 32 (License Lights Tail Lights 7.5A).

Test for power at the fuse and test for continuity between fuse blades

Member Array
    Car:
    MY LEGS =]
    instrumental still illuminate although when changing fuse 32, the fuse blows up everytime or even replacing it still doesnt light up.

Member Array
    Car:
    Crx Del Sol
    If you replace it and it blows then we have too many volts/amps (forget which one....obviously not a sparky) running thru the line. It may be as simple as a wire slightly exposed at some point. Although I'm not a sparky so I wouldn't be shocked if I get flamed for saying this

Quote Originally Posted by oopoc View Post
    If you replace it and it blows then we have too many volts/amps (forget which one....obviously not a sparky) running thru the line. It may be as simple as a wire slightly exposed at some point. Although I'm not a sparky so I wouldn't be shocked if I get flamed for saying this
    you're trying to help, which is a good thing, if you're wrong, you'll be corrected.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    I'm going to flame you for being politically incorrect, it's that ok?
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    Crx Del Sol
    Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    I'm going to flame you for being politically incorrect, it's that ok?
    ???? May I ask what was politically incorrect?

Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr0olz View Post
    instrumental still illuminate although when changing fuse 32, the fuse blows up everytime or even replacing it still doesnt light up.
    Do you have any water collected in your taillights? possible crack or leak on the taillight housing may have build up of water and may cause the circuity to short/malfunction. - hence why the fuse keeps blowing.

have you checked the physical taillight/license plate wiring? any ripple or grounding/short wires?
    Last edited by XB-16-AX; 16-03-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------
    EGK20A - CIVIC Sleeper stylez

Member Array
    Car:
    98 Civic EK1
    Have you confirmed that the right amp fuse is being inserted? eg if the slot requires a 10amp and you install a 7.5amp - it will most likely blow the fuse. But if you install a 15 or 20 amp fuse, this will most likely blow the light bulbs.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    ???? May I ask what was politically incorrect?
    Nothing has to be incorrect to be politically incorrect lol
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    are they all regualr bulbs, or are you running LEDs in any of them?
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    MY LEGS =]
    Quote Originally Posted by XB-16-AX View Post
    Do you have any water collected in your taillights? possible crack or leak on the taillight housing may have build up of water and may cause the circuity to short/malfunction. - hence why the fuse keeps blowing.

have you checked the physical taillight/license plate wiring? any ripple or grounding/short wires?
    Tail light has no water / condensation or crack / damage. No ripple at all. I have put the correct AMP Fuse in as its a 7.5. Tail lights is regular bulbs.

I can say the car had a flat battery before (Approx 2months ago) and was changed. Before the flat battery, tail lights had no problem cause i had to change bulbs (Approx 3months ago before the flat battery). I didn't change the battery at the time so im not sure if something could of gone wrong. I don't know if the problem occurred after the battery or later on down the track. I only relise it when someone took my car out the other night, so im not sure at what time frame it happend in.