Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array

bb/bmc install on eg

Hi ozh,

few problems here

Put in a vtir bmc and bb today, and i am wondering how do people put these in and take them out ?

I eventually got it in with great difficulty but cannot imagine taking it out.

secondly, from my experience with this the two brake lines connecting the bmc to the prop valve.

one of the brake lines that connects to the bmc is fine but the other one - the bolt part is too small to connect to the bmc

anyone else have this problem/what do i do ?

after some guesses however - im lead to believe my bmc is not from a dc2vtir and perhaps from a type R cause i would assume the brakeline would be thicker/bigger and hence need to be reflawed with my stock lines.

Can someone perhaps also clarify, if the bmc on a dc2 line up straight and parralell - just like the stock eg one, where as the dc2r lines are not straight and parrallel, and that one is angled upwards

thanks ozh
    Last edited by kcokla; 18-03-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    to remove it easier,

remove pin adjust the rod all the way in,
    remove mounting bolts + brake lines and remove it

it is nearly impossible to remove a brake booster with the rod adjusted to how it was

for the brake line you need to chop and reflare to suit usually 12mm or 10mm can't remember
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    Stolen DC2R
    empty ur PM box KC

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by na-118 View Post
    for the brake line you need to chop and reflare to suit usually 12mm or 10mm can't remember
    I understand this, but is it normal? as in, i read lots about doing the conversion and never stumbled on this

any idea hpow much this is going to cost me?
    i did nearly all of this today and this came up and i got so frustrated because id idnt want to undo all my hard work!
    Last edited by kcokla; 18-03-2012 at 09:02 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    ill do it for 50 bucks , it's normal for all egs
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    I'm surprised this is for all eg's.

Is it correct, that i would have to cut around 1mm off the brake line , take out the nut and add the 12mm then reflare it?

can someone 100% this?

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    yes that is correct Kcokla. If you dont have the flaring tool. just pop down to a brake shop and they will be able to flare on the 12mm fitting should only cost $5? this is for the 1" brake master cylinder rear brake line fitting. Also remember to upgrade your Brake Prop valve if youve gone to disks from drum.

I got a brake prop valve from the states for $50 delivered so just look around on ebay usa theres always heaps on there cheap. (im using a 40/40)
    Last edited by Egxris; 19-03-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    If you thought my post was helpful please rate it!

Primal Garage Blog - Paint Panel Performance

Quote Originally Posted by kcokla View Post
    I'm surprised this is for all eg's.

Is it correct, that i would have to cut around 1mm off the brake line , take out the nut and add the 12mm then reflare it?

can someone 100% this?
    Not all EG's.. depends which Brake Master Cylinder (BMC) you get. I upgraded to EK4 BMC & BB and didn't have to re-flare the lines, they both had 10mm fittings.

I believe DC2 Integra VTI-R with ABS has the one 12mm flare nut fitting and one 10mm. Is your VTI-R BMC a 15/16" or 1"?

Quote Originally Posted by kcokla View Post

Can someone perhaps also clarify, if the bmc on a dc2 line up straight and parralell - just like the stock eg one, where as the dc2r lines are not straight and parrallel, and that one is angled upwards
    Pre-facelift DC2 has the front brake line port pointed to the side like EG's whereas Facelift DC2 had it angled up 90deg like EK's.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...rts-same-as-EG

If you wanted a straight fit into an EG, then Pre-facelift DC4 GSI would be best. It's Non-ABS and has the same brake line ports.

BTW Egxris my Type-R 1" BMC has both 10mm fitting....
    Last edited by dorikin; 19-03-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Member Array
    Thanks for the response,

I do indeed have he facelifted dc2 one i believe. - from a vtir.

Coudlnt tell you if its 15/16 or 1" cause its on the car already and its on the inside of the firewall part - is this right?

I guess i'll have to decide if i should get the prefacelift bmc/bb then ...

I upgraded to Dc2vtir BMC & BB to suit ek4 brakes

Prop valve lines all the same?

Just gotta decide if i should try to take out the bmc/bb again and put in another one or if i should just reflare the line.

suggestions?

ps - rep point added.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Yeh not sure what 1" one i have probably is off a VTIR. but only needs that flared fitting putting on and its sorted. paid $20 for the brake master and booster.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Since youve already got it in there and all you need is a 12mm fitting flared on may as well go get it done. and your finished no point in pulling it out and replacing/buying a new one if you can get the job finished for $5.

Btw it should say on the side of the master cylinder what size it is. or on the end. its fully visible when installed.
    Last edited by Egxris; 19-03-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Member Array
    I'l get it checked,

I want to get the 12mm flared - but the car is not driveable now because of the brake line so ill have to get someone out there

i thought about buying the ttool and see its around 50 bucks, but i dont have another tool to cut off the existing flare to reflare it!

My guess is id have to take the brake line off completely or get someone to come over.