Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    But i though my car would be heavier with the longer body & the 4WD system.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    BMW
    great write up, i have a soft spot for this car as i learnt how to drive in one, it was my mums and i drove it for a year, had the factory 16" alloy wheel option and door visors.
    loved that car!

p.s take the type R badges and hooning sticker off, looks ghey!
    im not biased, i just tell it how it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    '89 Concerto
    Geez, 16" wheels, never knew they had those as an option. By door visors you mean weathershields right?

I'm gonna take the type r badges off when I can be bothered, but I'm leaving the hooning sticker for a while, I like it.

How much longer is the sedan to the hatch grifty? Make much of a difference to driving them?
    A P - Platers Concerto
    Click for thread

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    The wheel base is the same, it about an extra 20-30 cms longer. As for the way it drives i cant really compare since my old concerto was running stock shocks and springs compared to coilovers in this one. Im sure it would handle the same if not simillar as the whole suspension is the same except for the rear trailing arms.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    '89 Concerto
    Haven't done much at all, most of my pay goes towards fuel (I use a tank every week and a half), I have done a little work on the front guard. I've pretty much decided I'm slowly gonna get the bad areas repainted, by myself/mates. I'm gonna do the whole front guard above the black molding, hope the replacement color I have is the same as the car, it was mixed to match the R-69 paint code... Hopefully next week when I'm back at school I can reprime the entire guard above the mold, then paint it and then clear coat it. I've finally bought the clear coat, so it should be fixed fairly soon. Here are some progress pics:

Also needs a little bog to fill in a couple of small dents.
    A P - Platers Concerto
    Click for thread

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Did u take a colour part of your car with you to get the paint mixed? That would be the best way to get the closest matching colour.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    '89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    Did u take a colour part of your car with you to get the paint mixed? That would be the best way to get the closest matching colour.
    The car was outside the place I got it mixed at. I sprayed a bit of the mixed stuff in a non obvious place (on the underside of the hood) and it seems to be pretty much identical.
    A P - Platers Concerto
    Click for thread

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    Sounds like you have everything under control i would never attempt to DIY paint myself since i dont have the tools, space, time and patience lol
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    '89 Concerto
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    Sounds like you have everything under control i would never attempt to DIY paint myself since i dont have the tools, space, time and patience lol
    I'm lucky with my school, its got great automotive and bodywork facilities which I'm pretty much free to use. I don't have any tools or anything myself, which is why it is all happening at school.

Time may be a slight issue, which is why I'm only going to be doing it in little bits and pieces.
    A P - Platers Concerto
    Click for thread

Member Array
    Car:
    '89 Concerto
    Grr... Been having a problem lately, my battery warning light keeps randomly coming on. And I mean randomly. It'll stay off for a month or two, then be on and off for a few days, then no sign of it again for a while. I had the battery tested, and it's fine (lasting well for a battery thats been in the car for over 7 years!!). I also asked an alternator repair shop, who said they wouldn't know what the problem is, but rebuilding it would fix it. At a cost of $370.

One person has suggested it may be the bushes on the way out? I can replace them, for around $70...

By revving the engine above 4,000rpm and holding it there for a few seconds, the battery light will turn off.

Any suggestions?
    A P - Platers Concerto
    Click for thread

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    i guess it would be the alternator, ed civics should be the same. if you can find one at the wreckers or even on here that would be alot cheaper (pm jdm_b16a, he might have a spare), just double check the pulleys use the same belt.

Shame i forgot to take it off my spare parts car before i scrapped it.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    I have a spare ED civic alternator. Pm me if are interested.