Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Full Australian Jazz colour chart/timeline (now with City!)

If anyone's interested I've made a colour chart/timeline for the Jazz, including all colours available in the Australian market:

The dotted lines indicate minor model changes, while the solid black line is the major model update. I've tried to make the colours as accurate as possible. Any corrections, feel free to let me know.

The checkered pattern indicates that the colour production was temporarily suspended in 2012, due to production switching to Japan for a short while. This pattern may be clearer in the full size uncompressed version of the above chart, which can be seen here:

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5535/jazzb.png

UPDATE: as the Honda City is related to the Jazz, I thought I might add it's colour chart as well:

Last edited by Honda_Boi; 15-05-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Nice job bro

If you can photoshop the actual paint colours would be even cooler

Thanks. What do you mean by photoshop the actual paint colours? How would I do this? Even if this was done, it would be pointless because most consumer LCD monitors are horrible at reproducing accurate colours. The colour you see on the screen usually differs greatly from real life.

Anyway, that's not the point of this chart. The point is to give people a rough idea of what the colours looks like and their corresponding names, and also the years that they were available. I've tried to make the colours as accurate as possible compared to the actual paint.

I put this chart together for a number of reasons, one of which is that people who sell Hondas on Carsales, for example, often have no idea what their paint colour is actually called. You see some ridiculous "inventions" and it annoys me no end. Honda has also messed around a fair bit with the colours over the years, more so than most other Hondas, making it quite confusing to determine when a particular colour was available.

I also have similar charts for most other Honda models if anyone's interested.
    Last edited by Honda_Boi; 21-03-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    I was meaning crop in the actual paint colours but it might be a bit hard,was just an idea
    http://www.ct70paint.com/publishImag...~~element2.jpg
    What youve done is great anyway

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    FCUK YESS!!! been trying to get the right colour name so i can paint my body kit. THANKYOU!!!!

i have a satin silver so it seems.

is the source reliable?

Always wondered why anyone would buy one in Misty Violet. I drove a dealer loner car once that was that colour. Couldn't wait to hand the car back. Dreadful colour if you ask me...

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    hmm i thought the purple was alright. what i dont like is the washed out blue colour they had.
    it was neither silver nor blue it was just p!ss weak

Member Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    pretty sure my '03 is Alabaster Silver

S P A M|W O R K S

Like A Sir

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    That's what I thought but check your car papers to be sure. I thought mine was alabaster silver too but was told by my father it wasn't, but he didn't tell me what it actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by gre03 View Post
    pretty sure my '03 is Alabaster Silver
    Alabaster Silver didn't exist in 2003. Honda replaced Satin Silver with Alabaster Silver between 2006 and 2007, across all models. The two colours are very similar and hard to tell apart.
    Last edited by Honda_Boi; 02-04-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 62rocket View Post
    Always wondered why anyone would buy one in Misty Violet. I drove a dealer loner car once that was that colour. Couldn't wait to hand the car back. Dreadful colour if you ask me...
    The theory I think is that it was a colour for more conservative buyers, who wanted a dark colour but didn't want black. Dark purple seemed to enjoy a small comeback about 5 years ago. The same colour appeared on the Civic sedan from 06-07, and a similar colour on the Mazda3 around that time as well. These days, dark grey has pretty much taken it's place as the dark shade of choice.
    Last edited by Honda_Boi; 31-03-2012 at 08:35 PM.