Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

[CL9] Installing reverse parking sensors

Hi everyone, I'm planning on buying a Euro in the next week or two, budget is up to $17k so I'm looking at somewhere around a 05-07 model. I've noticed that only about half of the ones listed have rear sensors installed. Coming from driving a wagon with great rear visibility the Euro was a little hard for me to judge reversing when I test drove one so I reckon having the sensors installed would be a good idea for me if the one I end up buying doesn't have them.

Anyone know of a rough idea of how much to expect to pay to have them installed? I was quoted ~$390 by a dealer but I'm not sure if those were genuine Honda ones or not.

Any help would be much appreciated

you could buy them off ebay and install them urself for under $20, but with a budget of 17k you shouldnt cheap out
    but u for around $400 you could have a reverse camera+sensors hooked up if you look around abit

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by bart2 View Post
    you could buy them off ebay and install them urself for under $20, but with a budget of 17k you shouldnt cheap out
    but u for around $400 you could have a reverse camera+sensors hooked up if you look around abit
    Thanks, I'd rather not cheap out so $400 seems pretty reasonable. I just bought an 05 Luxury (no GPS) so where would the reversing screen go if I did decide to get that?

Member Array
    Car:
    IM ON A BOAT
    im removing my reverse sensors + camera due to going faulty (aftermarket kit). =[ warranty ran out too. the LCD monitor thingy doesnt work, and keeps falling off the double sided tape.
    anyways to your question.. i had mine mounted here: refer to pic.
    So i heard you like mudkipz

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 CL9 lux
    the lux model comes with the reverse sensors right? is a camera necessary?
    For Sale:
    95' Civic Sedan VTI 165,000ks
    5zigen GN+ (17 x 7.5 +43 4 x 100) with tyres
    07' CL9 Foglight covers Arctic Blue pm me!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Nope it was an option even on the lux I guess. And I don't really want the camera to be honest just the sensors.

I'm getting mine fitted at the carkitcompany. This kit is pretty good as it comes with a LED bar to indicate distance. $60 for colour coding and $300 for the sensors including install so basically $360 all up.

Apparently it's pretty good quality too, some members on other forums have had it installed with them.

http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/i...ersing-sensors

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    I'm getting mine fitted at the carkitcompany. This kit is pretty good as it comes with a LED bar to indicate distance. $60 for colour coding and $300 for the sensors including install so basically $360 all up.

Apparently it's pretty good quality too, some members on other forums have had it installed with them.

Nice, thanks for that I didn't see those come up when Googling. I'm going to give a few dealers in Melbourne a call to get quotes first

i need to change my rear bumper (after receiving a little tap) i was thinking of putting rear sensors on aswell. i was just wondering if the module for the rear parking sensors on my 06 euro can just click in or do i need to buy an after market module?

I got mine done for about $250 installed. 4 sensors and comes with a little LED module that shows distance to nearest obstacle when there's something within a meter.

Although I had my front bumper repaired and resprayed as well for $500 all up so that might of played a part. Works well enough but I'm certain its a dirt cheap yum cha unit.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by pannic View Post
    i need to change my rear bumper (after receiving a little tap) i was thinking of putting rear sensors on aswell. i was just wondering if the module for the rear parking sensors on my 06 euro can just click in or do i need to buy an after market module?
    Should just be able to refit any existing kit. I don't think any CL9's came from the factory to Australia with them pre-installed, they were an option that the dealer installed for you. I have seen a few different aftermarket installations on Euros, bit I have a 'genuine' Honda kit in mine. It has four sensors, but no visual indicators, it just beeps. I think the genuine and various aftermarket installations just hook into the reverse light wiring harness so it powers on the sensors when the reverse lights turn on, it sounds like the beep is coming from the back seat somewhere.

I know some people don't like the rear wing, but it helps judge where the rear of the car is.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post

man im pretty sure these guys are fitting the same, or very similar kit to the ones sold on eBay..
    Like this one here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110804420...#ht_6855wt_952
    $30 or $300, I know what I would rather be spending