Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    Should just be able to refit any existing kit. I don't think any CL9's came from the factory to Australia with them pre-installed, they were an option that the dealer installed for you. I have seen a few different aftermarket installations on Euros, bit I have a 'genuine' Honda kit in mine. It has four sensors, but no visual indicators, it just beeps. I think the genuine and various aftermarket installations just hook into the reverse light wiring harness so it powers on the sensors when the reverse lights turn on, it sounds like the beep is coming from the back seat somewhere.

I know some people don't like the rear wing, but it helps judge where the rear of the car is.

- HZ
    If i was to buy a rear bumper for my car from the wreckers and they new bumper has parkin sensors where as i never had parking sensors before, would i need to buy anything else to wire it all up?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav
    Yeah definitely get them.. they are a very handy feature to have.. you barely have to look when reversing haha... my CL9 has front and rear sensors.

Sorry to hijack thread but i didn't really wanna create another one similar to this?

i'm buying a 06 euro soon and i was wondering if i get one with parking sensors would that be pointless as i'm thinking of buying the modulo rear bumper (is it the whole bumper or just the bottom lip? unsure :S) from honda to put on? or should i just buy one without sensors, get the bumper and install sensors from honda? does anyone know the cost of this?

i just don't wanna look too hard for parking sensors if i'm just ripping it off in a few weeks/ getting one without sensors and regretting it because sensors are expensive from honda?

no one?

if the modulo bumper already has the reverse sensor pre wired then no point looking for a model with sensors

if the modulo bumper doesnt have the sensor wired up, then adding one down the track wont be any issue (not sure if need to color code those sensors and if they will be obvious on a new bumper)

Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    if the modulo bumper already has the reverse sensor pre wired then no point looking for a model with sensors

if the modulo bumper doesnt have the sensor wired up, then adding one down the track wont be any issue (not sure if need to color code those sensors and if they will be obvious on a new bumper)
    so there's no way i could use the old bumper's parts etc for the new bumper?

note the bumper will most likely be brought from honda, so how much should i expect to fork out extra just for sensors?

if the sensors are in place with just a clip, then i see no reason why you cannot use the existing sensors onto the new bumper.

im not too familar with sensor installation, as the vehicles i own either have them stock, or not installed at all. unsure of cost. maybe give honda a ring and see how much they charge.

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 CL9 lux
    my oem sensors are playing up...
    sometimes it gives me the flat line beep when there nothing back there...
    and sometimes it works perfectly... hahah

can stuff from inside the boot set it off?
    For Sale:
    95' Civic Sedan VTI 165,000ks
    5zigen GN+ (17 x 7.5 +43 4 x 100) with tyres
    07' CL9 Foglight covers Arctic Blue pm me!

unlikely it will set it off. im thinking more of a dodgy connector shorting something, or a dirty sensor (if you havent already cleaned it - light spray with water and maybe a soft toothbrush to lift the crap from inbetween the gaps)