Reverse Camera for Honda Civic 2006 VTI-L Model

Hi All,

I own a honda civic 2006 car and when I bought first it came with reverse alerts and a small screen on the dashboard show the approximate distance.
    The screen now is causing some annoyance where the numbers disappeared but the sound is still there when I reverse the car.

I am thinking of getting a reverse camera but not sure which one to get. Also, how do I know if the display screen I have is working on 12V etc ? As the internal wiring is there its not going to be much of a hassle to detach the reverse connector at the back plug on a wifi camera and connect the new display to my dashboard.

I looked into ebay there are a lot of options. I am looking for night vision with some display either on the reverse mirror or the dashboard display.

I live in Sydney West Blacktown area. Who can fit this for me and which product should I get ? My budget is around $400 including install.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    I'm sure if you go to your local auto electrical store like strathfield car radios or streetbeatz or something like that they'll have an array of them, not too sure how compatible it will be but i'm sure they will be able to tell you, why not call around?
    lol u mad? get fkd m8
    no more mr nice guy, now i am kunt

ok so far I found autobarn and repco selling gator reverse camera (mirror mount) for $175. Do they install as well ?
    I spoke with xtreme car audio in blacktown they are selling something similar for $450 and installation for $150. But if I can buy from either one of the store and take it there for them to install maybe they can install it cheap like $170.

Can you give me few more places to try ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    they both might do install aswell depending on the store, the one near me (eastern suburbs) does install, if you ask on a good day haha. Umm maybe even JB hifi, some stock car audio/visual and even maybe jaycar - i think going to an auto electrician at a mechanic would probably be your cheapest option, but the $170 install and $175 purchase sounds okay to me
    lol u mad? get fkd m8

noted all the numbers and will be calling all of them tomorrow. Btw, do you know much abt the mirror car reverse camera's ? are they bad or ok ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    not too sure what you mean - not too knowledgable on reverse cameras, what's the mirror car reverse camera do?
    lol u mad? get fkd m8

the mirror car reverse camera's are mounted on the reverse mirror unlike the traditional dashboard screens. Here's an exampe
    http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/i...everse-cameras

I'm getting mine done at the carkitcompany as well, putting these in that have a LED bar to show the distance...

http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/i...ersing-sensors

Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    I'm getting mine done at the carkitcompany as well, putting these in that have a LED bar to show the distance...

http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au/i...ersing-sensors
    Oh no why are you getting off them .. they are cut throat and very expensive

Freaken heo, gonna get ripped. They colour coded my sensors already. I knew they were expensive but I couldn't be bothered eBaying and stuffing things up.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-CCD-r...item415a622cb8

check this one $70 mini reverse cam, has night vision and distance guidelines. Also has 3.5mm outlet to plug to any device like iphone or gps unit etc..

Hi all I bought Gator mirror reverse camera kit with night vision. It cost me 175 camera kit+ 120 to fit. It'll be done tomorrow so I'll let u guys know how it went.