Newcomer Array
    Car:
    None :(

Car jacked up but jackstands are uneven on height

Hi guys, I've got a quick problem. I've jacked up my car from the front and when i put the jack stands near the 2 front wheels, one side is uneven on height (so basically the driver side jack stand is raised higher than the passenger side). is this normal ?? And yes, the surface I'm working on is even

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    You may find that the ball joints, shocks or control arm bushes are restricting the amount of droop the control arms have.

Not completely normal but without assessing these other points on the car its hard to say why it is happening.

Are you trying to sit the car on the stands at the jacking points or under the control arms?
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    what car?

yes its normal.
    the front jacking point isnt exactly in center of rad support.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post
    You may find that the ball joints, shocks or control arm bushes are restricting the amount of droop the control arms have.

Not completely normal but without assessing these other points on the car its hard to say why it is happening.

Are you trying to sit the car on the stands at the jacking points or under the control arms?
    yes im trying to sit the car at the side jacking point where the 2 front wheels are.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    what car?

yes its normal.
    the front jacking point isnt exactly in center of rad support.
    honda integra

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    As mocchi has said, if you are jacking it up from the front tow hook then it will be un-even since the toe hook isn't in the centre of the car...
    OHSC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Also what surface are you jacking on? If the fears aren't completely flat this could contribute to the problem.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Also what is the height difference?

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    I get this as well with my eg. Only when I had stock suspension and no bracing. With coil overs and strut braces it jacked up straight.

The jacking point under the rad support is offset to the right kinda and I think this causes it.

If you got diff car then I dunno..your suspension might cause 1 side to droop more then the other.