Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5

What should i get???!! Please help!

hey guys im new here and im also new to the honda world. i recently bought a honda civic eg8 and i didnt realise that it had a dual carb engine cause i thought all of the civics would be fuel injected. after a couple of weeks the timing belt snapped and i had to replace it with a whole new motor. and i have spent at least a couple of thousand bucks into the car and i am regretting it now because i want a fuel injected version. what should i do? should i sell the car and get a newer civic or should i just keep the car? i love the car btw its just that cause its not fuel injected that makes me sort of want to sell it. or should i convert the car into fi??? cause i met a guy whos willing to sell me his entire 1999 ek with only 120xxx on the clock due to a rear end damge and its written off.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    you could buy that ek and chuck the engine in... or you could get a d15b7 or d16 something something... whatever the d series fi vtec is... I had a d15b7, it was a beautiful motor... I actually still have it... if you're in tas, I can give it to you if you want... if not, more for me.... to sit around and do nothing q.q

but yes, you could swap in a d15b7.. easy, probably a cheap swap. Or you could swap to fi... really up to you. Me being a man who has owned more carby cars than fi cars, I much prefer carby cars... they seem to have better response... but I think it's more a case of the car I drove being terrible (derp ford laser) the civ was pretty good...

So yeah, injected or webbers. ;D
    /nonsensical nothing

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    jdm d15b... is the way to go

youre better off selling and buyer a fuel injected car, unless

1. you have time to fuel inject your car
    2. you have money to fuel inject your car

sell carby, buy fuel injected civic

engine swap - save more time money and problemz
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    +1 swap the engine to another carby motor.

carbys are much more simpler to tune etc. (less accurate of course)
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    thanks so much man. oh and btw what are them things called like instead of having the air filter box behind the carbs, they just have this thing around it and covers it up. im not too good at explaining it though. sorry.

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    trumpets?
    Or cone filter thingos... I think I know what you mean, but I don't know the name xD

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    what are webbers?

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Dear Goku,

Weber is an Italian company producing carburetors, currently owned by Magneti Marelli Powertrain S.p.A., in turn part of the Fiat Group.

I wish you lick,

Regards,

Sean.
    Last edited by trism; 12-04-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 B18CR
    i think you should get that ek and drop that engine into r u eg6

Member Array
    Car:
    itsabitshitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    what are webbers?

webbers are the TB/IM equivalent for the carbies but is modified/unrestricted.

it allows more air into the engine, creating a higher combustion and outputs more power!

EDIT: webbers are not filters. - thanks Trism.

example
    Last edited by xV73Cx; 12-04-2012 at 11:38 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by xV73Cx View Post
    webbers are the filter type equivalent for the carbies.

it allows more air into the engine, creating a higher combustion and outputs more power!

example
    to see all of my build, checkout

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    I feel old all of a sudden when people ask what Webbers are.

Actually, the EG carb motor's with two (Mikuni or Keihin?) carbs on them can be made to go hard to about 120bhp (done this with a ED Civic).

If you move from carb to FI then you need to do pumps, return lines etc - a big pain.

FYI: Webbers are carburettors (not filters lol) designed to let more volume in just as ITBs are on a FI motor - 1 intake hole per cylinder as opposed to a single barrel carb. In fact, in the 1960s, Honda used this setup on the S500/S600/S800 and later on the first generation 1970s Mugen Civics - except they ran four Keihin or Mikuni motorbike carbs. I have a feeling that the Coupe 7 and Coup 9s also ran this setup.

It makes more power at the top end sure, but as someone who ran 35mm Dell Orto (minature webbers) on a '76 Civic, they are sure as hell thirsty - but damn they shit all over the single carb setup.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX